Walgreens
2.9 of 5 3,145 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Growing, positive company

Photo Specialist (Current Employee)
Tualatin, OR

ProsWalgreens has a good environment whether you like a fast-paced work experience or a workplace with a slower, more steady appeal. It has something for everyone and offers motivated individuals the potential for growth and advancement.

ConsAs stated previously, those who enjoy fast-paced work environments or a slower, more relaxed workplace will at times be faced with the opposite.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to and engage employees about ideas they have. Listen to good ideas or offer corrective information about why a particular process or policy is in place.

Walgreens Management Trainee

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Profit sharing (401k) matched 2-1 up to 4% of salary. Get to work indoors (air conditioning/heat). Was making good money. However, all MGTs had to… Cons: Having to re-interview for your own job or step down to a shift lead that starts at about $11/hour for exactly what I had been… Advice to Senior Management: Lower your expectations if you are going to consistently under-staff your stores. It's way too stressful to run a store, take care of customers' BS,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't Waste Your Life Here

Service Clerk (Current Employee)
    Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros: I don't believe there are pros to working at Walgreens, only one that I could think of is we get Promotional money for… Cons: EVERYTHING. They will slave you out for no apparent reason, tell you to do work, and take credit for it. They'll make sure… Advice to Senior Management: Stop having favorites it's breaking up people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.