There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Potential career downgraded to just a job.

Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Toms River, NJ
Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers and management; pays the bills; relatively stress-free job; the work you do is appreciated

Cons

Lack of performance based raises (2.5% across the board does not make me want to do more); customers at times (it's retail, you have to expect it); WAY too much bureaucracy (corporate does not understand how stores actually work); low employee morale, especially with management restructuring. This went from a potential career path to just a job.

Advice to Management

The store-level employees are an intricate part to the company. Cut back the bonuses you are writing yourselves and show some appreciation to people who help drive the sales that write your paychecks.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

Walgreens used to care more about their employees

Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. My boss really does care about my well being. I am told how much I am appreciated.

Cons

pay. Hard to get someone fired from Walgreens unless they steal or fail a drug test.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better. Base it on loyalty to the company ( how long someone has worked for you), their experience, and job performance. Stop giving yourselves enormous raises and bonuses when the workers who make the company what it is do not get bonuses at all and work holidays for you. A 2.5% raise is not competative in todays market especially for those of us who have worked 9 years for you.

Not the best, not the worst.

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers. Potential to move up in the company.

Cons

Cutting costs in too many ways for no reason. CEO does not seem to care about the employees. Corporate expects way too much from employees and does not give enough.

Advice to Management

Listen to and look at the little guys for a change. We all work very hard whether or not it's shown.