Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Going Downhill.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)
Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great profit sharing, prescription coverage, Good customer service.

Cons

Medical insurance isn't as good as it used to be, The MGT position is being done away with, understandably, but there is little chance of advancement, meaning a huge pay cut in the future for those of us in this position. Lack of consistency in day to day running of stores.

I have noticed that in each store I have been at, things are done differently. In one store I would get in trouble for doing something that in another store all the staff does. We need to have better consistency of the rules and regulations for all of our stores to follow. Maybe renewed training for all staff on a regular basis?

4143 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Not bad for a big box.

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Geneva, NY
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Geneva, NY

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Walgreens is the leader of the chains as regards technology & innovation.

Cons

Just like all the chains they make big promises when they hire you & then gradually take everything away. They are always reducing tech hours & they push meeting all kinds of ridiculous numbers. Little to no loyalty to loyal staff.

The security measures are certainly necessary but could be less obnoxious & disrespectful.

Good Company to work for but under appreciated employees.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Joplin, MO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is ok, if you are high enough in the company. Lots of opportunities to grow in the company. Wide range of opportunity if you want to move to new locations, Over 7,000 stores nationwide.

Cons

Budget hours are not enough to complete the job duties expected often. Open 365 days a year, so family holidays are practically unheard of. Insurance is OK, but could be better considering we are the Pharmacy America Trusts. TriCare Insured employees can't even fill their medicine at the pharmacy they work for.

You need to spend more time in the stores to see everything from the perspective of doing the labor, it's a lot different than sitting behind a desk. Maybe then you would see that their are too many bosses wanting us to do things, but not enough manpower to do them. You want us to regain RX numbers, but we don't have enough people to take care of the ones we do still have.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens