Walgreens
2.9 of 5 3,151 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Going Downhill.

Assistant Manager (MGT) (Current Employee)

ProsGreat profit sharing, prescription coverage, Good customer service.

ConsMedical insurance isn't as good as it used to be, The MGT position is being done away with, understandably, but there is little chance of advancement, meaning a huge pay cut in the future for those of us in this position. Lack of consistency in day to day running of stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have noticed that in each store I have been at, things are done differently. In one store I would get in trouble for doing something that in another store all the staff does. We need to have better consistency of the rules and regulations for all of our stores to follow. Maybe renewed training for all staff on a regular basis?

It was definitely a learning experience.

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros: coworkers, lots of hours, close to home Cons: management, talking, favoritism, late shifts No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not bad for a big box.

Pharmacist (Former Employee)
    Geneva, NY

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Walgreens is the leader of the chains as regards technology… Cons: Just like all the chains they make big promises when they hire you & then gradually take everything away. They… Advice to Senior Management: The security measures are certainly necessary but could be less… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.