Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Good company to work for soon

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

merging with an European company which would help increase the market share of the company

Cons

company is making a lot of changes to its management

3946 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Complete disconnect between corporate and the stores

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great as well as our customers. The only reason I stick around is because of the people that surround me and the fact that this will reflect well on a future resume when I graduate college.

Cons

Corporate could care less about the employees or the stores. The only thing they seem to care about is making money for themselves. I work back in the pharmacy. Corporate continues to add more and more work for us to do while continuously cutting our hours. We are doing 220 plus scripts a day plus phone calls to insurance, smart counts, tprs, etc. They only staff us with one pharmacist and one tech. This is incredibly unsafe. We increased are sales over the years 50-60% yet have half as many hours. They change our hours week to week (not just our store but all stores) so its hard to keep employees around if you can't guarantee they will have hours and it also makes scheduling a nightmare. They say they have an open door policy but that isn't true. They may have an open door but will not listen as its been the same thing year after year. The store managers have no control over any of this. I do believe if they would listen to the employees more the company would be greatly benefited. I do love the actual store I work at and our store culture is incredible I just wouldn't recommend getting a job here if you want to advance further or be treated like you matter by corporate. There pay is on the low end as well. If you are looking for an introductory job this would be fine.

Listen to what the stores and employees are saying.

Selfish Company-Former EXA (ASM)

Former Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of good people. Good benefits. Decent technology to work with. Great training programs.

Cons

Management care's more about the store than the people. If you become salaried you will be treated like a slave. Nights, weekends, holidays, 6 days a week. Forget ever calling in, and if someone does you are called and expected to show up immediately to cover the shift and will probably not get a day off for coming in on your spare time.

Make sure you have a good phone plan because you will get called and texted all the time to answer questions and to come in early. My days usually started with me going in at 6:30am and working till 5pm maybe later is more needs to get done. You sometimes have to work 6 days a week and on your 6th day you come in at 8 or 9am and maybe leave by noon (unless more needs to be done).

You will never be able to take a vacation from November thru February, and even if you put in a vacation request months in advance it still maybe turned down because two people can't be on vacation at the same time.

You can be transferred to a new store at anytime. I got a call one day, told to report to a new store the next day, and had to change my schedule that week even though it was a holiday week and I already made plans.

If you are okay with always working (and some people are) then this is the job for you.

Have a little more compassion for your employees even if they are salaried. Allow then to call in sick once a year, and understand that they have families and lives outside of work. People usually work to live, not live to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens