There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Good company to work for soon

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

merging with an European company which would help increase the market share of the company

Cons

company is making a lot of changes to its management

3485 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

typical retail

Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

job was easy and low stress

Cons

was robbed at gun point. After you get to this level there isn't much opportunity to advance.

Show your managers that are working 60-80 hours a week that you appreciate them

Complete disconnect between corporate and the stores

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I work with are great as well as our customers. The only reason I stick around is because of the people that surround me and the fact that this will reflect well on a future resume when I graduate college.

Cons

Corporate could care less about the employees or the stores. The only thing they seem to care about is making money for themselves. I work back in the pharmacy. Corporate continues to add more and more work for us to do while continuously cutting our hours. We are doing 220 plus scripts a day plus phone calls to insurance, smart counts, tprs, etc. They only staff us with one pharmacist and one tech. This is incredibly unsafe. We increased are sales over the years 50-60% yet have half as many hours. They change our hours week to week (not just our store but all stores) so its hard to keep employees around if you can't guarantee they will have hours and it also makes scheduling a nightmare. They say they have an open door policy but that isn't true. They may have an open door but will not listen as its been the same thing year after year. The store managers have no control over any of this. I do believe if they would listen to the employees more the company would be greatly benefited. I do love the actual store I work at and our store culture is incredible I just wouldn't recommend getting a job here if you want to advance further or be treated like you matter by corporate. There pay is on the low end as well. If you are looking for an introductory job this would be fine.

Listen to what the stores and employees are saying.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!