Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Time to move on

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)
Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Just like any job it depends on the people around you. I worked with some good people that I will miss. Job security was good.

Cons

The whole restructuring of management left a real bad taste in my mouth. Can't believe how this was handled. The people who work the hardest are the ones who get screwed.

Better communication

3959 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Long Lines and Not enough Help

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job security and pay is pretty good. I enjoy the people I have worked with. Computer software works and is simple to learn.

Cons

Always cutting staff and cutting hours. The upper management tries to predict how busy they think we will be and give an allowed budget of hours that our pharmacy managers can schedule staff. 99% of the time it is not enough and there are lines with people waiting long lengths of time to pick up or drop off their prescriptions. By the time the customers get to the front of the line there prescriptions are not even done so guess what, they are mad and they take it out on you. So when the new budget comes out (always less hours) someone is getting hours cut off their schedule meaning not working 40 hours anymore. Oh and those cuts are directly related to the bonus cheps those district managers get at the end of the year. Every change Walgreens has made in the last three years negatively affects their employees and benefits their stockholders. To name a few...previously $1 annual raise was reduced to 75 cents and now is based on evaluations. The most I have heard of anyone getting in the last 2 years was 37 cents. Now they have also put in wage caps for pharmacy techs. They expect you to memorize their "cultural beliefs" on your own time, WORD FOR WORD! but we are scheduled so slim we honestly rarely get to take our 15 minute breaks that we legally entitled to take. We have lines of upset customers and when they get to the front of the line they want us to give them our best sales pitch to get a flu shot, give us their emai (marketing ploy) or sign up for whatever flavor of the month walgreens is pushing.

If you keep only focusing on the stock price and not the customer our reputation is going to go down the drain. That is if we still have a good rep. We do not have the staff required to keep people happy. People talk and if they are happy others will know about it. If they are unhappy even more people will know about it. People are busting their butts trying to keep customers happy to the point where they can't even take their breaks and still balance the work flow. Sooner or later this is going to backfire.

Pay Sucks, no respect, overworked budget cuts = slave work

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

not much, air condition, work around school

Cons

Pay Sucks, no respect, overworked budget cuts = slave work

ITS WALGREENS PHARMACY!!!!! NOT WALGREENS WE SELL PHOTOS, BEER AND PERFUME! GET PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens