There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

I didn't get this job to sale candy bars!!!!

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Training is good,discount is okay, can be a family atmosphere

Cons

Pay started at $7.50. The main issue is you need to suggestive sale certain candy or cosmetics and the manager hounds you about it all the time. You have to ask each customer and they get tired and angry about the sales pitch each time they come in.

Advice to Management

Lighten up on the suggestive sale

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. good company, but i've lost the ability to be a manager. now more of a glorified stock person.

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Good Company, established fortune 500, decent employee benefits, approachable store management and district management.

Cons

no room to grow. corporate changes will be eliminating our role, but there is no clear story as to what will happen to us when this happens. too much tasking, without the ability to be "above the task vs. part of it" makes mgmt become more like stock people than managing people.

Advice to Management

ask the staff across the country for input on new initiaties, don't just stick with specific markets or chicago-area. some things may work in the midwest but won't in other parts of the country. for example, changing the dress code back to vests...we didn't really get a true voice in this decision.

2. Moved up the chain quickly, well supported by middle management

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

VERY good support by all the managers I've had above me, I was aggressively seeking promotion, and was rewarded in kind for my hard work and ambition. Even when I have struggled with aspects of my job, my boss has helped me in the form of advice and paid training.

Cons

Work/life balance is poor. They are looking for people who will eat sleep and breathe Walgreens

Advice to Management

Pharmacy is our business. How about paying our techs and pharmacy managers what they're worth and giving us enough hours to run our business effectively.