Walgreens

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Satisfaction as a PT Associate

Current Employee - Cosmetics Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Cosmetics Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice and respectful employer, interested in working with you to improve yourself. Flexible with scheduling. Opportunity to earn additional money for sale of PM products if you chose to hussle.

Cons

Retail. Low hourly and rude customers.

Excellent. They make the most of what they have to work with.

3959 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Are we there yet

Former Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learned everything there is to know about retail operations and additional skills like permit compliance, governance and other skills that would benefit someone opening their own business. Great place to learn and expand into other disciplines such as getting registered with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy as a technician.

Cons

Once your at this level politics plays a big role which results in gossip from one manager to another. It's so bad in fact, that I thought I was surrounded by people with the mentality of high school children. Every day is the day you will be promoted to run your own store and the next thing you realize is your hair is starting to turn grey.

Stick to what got you to a management level and continue to ask questions and learn. There is always some aspect of the business you don't know and should. Keep to yourself, don't get caught up in the gossip but make your self relevant other wise you will get passed over for promotion.

I didn't get this job to sale candy bars!!!!

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Training is good,discount is okay, can be a family atmosphere

Cons

Pay started at $7.50. The main issue is you need to suggestive sale certain candy or cosmetics and
    the manager hounds you about it all the time. You have to ask each customer and they get tired and angry about the sales pitch each time they come in.

Lighten up on the suggestive sale

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens