Walgreens
2.9 of 5 3,145 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Mundane job, okay for temporary work

Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee)
Sarasota, FL

ProsI started of as a photo specialist at one of the retail stores. Overall it wasn't a bad job. The company offers health benefits and profit sharing to full time employees. If you move up to the photo department they increase your pay by a little bit. Overall its a decent temporary job while your in school or going to school, but I wouldn't do it for more than a couple of years.

ConsThe pay is lousy and the job is pretty mundane and routine. About what you would expect from a low level position. The scheduling is awful at times, you could end up being scheduled to work 7 or 8 days in a row and not get paid overtime because of how the work week breaks down. Your experience really depends on your manager. If he's laid back you won't have much issues, however, its a different story if he's a hard a**. Your experience can change at anytime as managers come and go. Oh and they only give you a $0.25 raise whether you bust your a** or just sit on it. Oh and if your thinking of trying to get promoted to an assistant manager, good luck with that. All the assistant managers I talked to were hired out of college or hired from other companies.

sell your soul to the company store!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good bonus, salary is good Cons: You wil work at least 60 hours a week for salary that is based on 44hours. district managers want you to work more… Advice to Senior Management: Bring back Dan Jordnt and the rest of the walgreens family to the board of directors. Ever since the last of the Walgreens family left… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Cares about their employees, not the most interesting job

Beauty Advisor (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros: At least at the Walgreens I worked at: Decent benefits, decent pay (above minimum wage), daily goals and tasks (kept work from being very boring),… Cons: Sometimes the store got very busy, and there are only two or three registers,could be stressful, the pay was still not that high,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.