Walgreens

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Senior Management

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Deerfield, IL
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Able to speak up and share opinion
Always dynamic work

Cons

long hours, extremely (work life balance is difficult)
Pay is at the low end of the competition

stop reorging

4341 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Sad how they can get away with discrimination

I have been working at Walgreens (more than a year)

Pros

There is not one good reason to work here is you are over the age of 40. Go elsewhere.

Cons

If you are over 40, do not expect to get promoted. Do not expect your hard work to be recognized. Do expect write ups for every little thing. Do expect a bad review no matter how hard you work.

Get a clue. You can't keep treating people like you are, and stay in business.

After a month of working there, I already regret applying.

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You make (barely) above minimum wage starting out.

Cons

The hours are horrible. You will either be working 8am-3pm or 3pm-10pm for a non 24 hour store. There is no felxibility with this. If you can't work any of those times, then you don't work at all. I've had weeks where I work 3-4 days, and weeks where I only work one day. Schedules go up weekly, so it's hard to know in advance when you work, to plan around it. Your entire life has to revolve around working at walgreens because it's the only way you make more than $64 a week. Do not apply here if you are a college student and want to work through the fall/spring semester.

Benefits like heathcare and stock options are only available to you if you work there for at least 3 months, and work 30 hour weeks. You are probably not going to ever receive these benefits because of the previously mentioned awful hours.

We are understaffed. As someone who works the front register, I feel like I run everything. It is my responsibility to restock every aisle, handle any customer questions about products I don't even know about, apply price tags or sales tags on every item, suggestively sell items, and manage returns while at the exact same time check out customers. There are times where I am the only person on the floor, and always the only one on a register. Working until closing adds in more things I have to do, with going down the aisles and pulling items to the front and straightening and organizing everything in addition to emptying out all the garbage. There is not enough time in my shift to complete everything that needs to be done when I am constantly running between aisles to the register to check out a long line of customers. Soon, they want me to be cross-trained into photo, so I can pick up yet another undertrained job, all for $8/hour.

I am undertrained. All my training was was watching another worker at the cash register check out items for an hour, then a series of videos about selling cigarettes that lasted an hour, and then a 4 hour long "training" segment where all they talk about is career advancement and how evil those dirty, dirty unions are. There's a new girl I'm supposed to be helping out, and she knows about as much as I do. The blind are leading the blind at Walgreens.

There are suggestive selling things were we have a stand set up on our registers and have deals on candy or gum. I have asked upwards of customers if they'd like any of it. Only 6 have ever taken it. This is somehow important to our job performance somehow; I don't know how, because I've never been told how and whenever I ask I get "I'll get back with you later" and never hear about it ever again.

Tell everyone who forced this crap onto you to take a hike. The CEO and stock holders have made this company toxic.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens