There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Outward a great company to its customers and patients; inward, a terrible company to its employees.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent career track, excellent training for employees, commitment to community, values diversity

Cons

Career track of late can be confusing, especially for Front End management. Limited (if an) job security for Assistant Managers, and an unclear future for Store Managers. Rewiring the company's roles in order to save a few bucks on payroll. Good luck trying to have a family and also balance with work, especially during the holidays. Managers are required to work from Halloween through New Years without any holiday leave or vacation, except for the main holidays themselves, and are required to work 6 days per week during that period.

Provide transparency to your Managers. It won't spark or incite a riot or mass exodus if you will give them enough time to prepare for any future layoffs.

3659 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

It was great at first, then they made a lot of changes.

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Other employees are generally nice and fun to work with.
    -The bigger projects are fun and help pass time on slower days.
    -Highest commission on products is over in the cosmetic department

Cons

-A few months ago corporate added more to all of the employee's workloads but kept our hourly wages the same.
    -Very stingy with raises(through corporate).
    -Every employee is expected to do things in the store like pricing and resets and stocking as well as work their own registers, which makes things very stressful.
    -When you are a Beauty Advisor, the Managers and Shift Leads will make you work on things away from the cosmetics department(aka "red zone"). This will make it nearly impossible to get sales over in your department, which will make the Store Manager hassle you about needing to ring up the cosmetics customers at the cosmetic register.

Let the Beauty advisors stay in the cosmetics department more so that they can get the sales you want to make the store look good. Raise budgets so that there can be more employees working in the stores and some of them can just be on the registers and some of them can just be working on the projects.

Want more and more work, with less and less payroll hours

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Pontiac, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Pontiac, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are good, especially for the area that I am in. Vacation, sick days, and holidays are great...the way they are now.

Cons

Hours are inconsistent. I have compared sales from last year and they are up, but we have less payroll hours to work with. And then we get complaints from customers because we are not staffed properly.

Have a realistic goal with payroll hours. Listen to employees work on the floor and are legitimately complaining about working conditions.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens