Walgreens
2.9 of 5 3,151 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Outward a great company to its customers and patients; inward, a terrible company to its employees.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDecent career track, excellent training for employees, commitment to community, values diversity

ConsCareer track of late can be confusing, especially for Front End management. Limited (if an) job security for Assistant Managers, and an unclear future for Store Managers. Rewiring the company's roles in order to save a few bucks on payroll. Good luck trying to have a family and also balance with work, especially during the holidays. Managers are required to work from Halloween through New Years without any holiday leave or vacation, except for the main holidays themselves, and are required to work 6 days per week during that period.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide transparency to your Managers. It won't spark or incite a riot or mass exodus if you will give them enough time to prepare for any future layoffs.

Easy Summer Job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy Mindless Work. Exactly what you would expect working for a… Cons: Paid Minimum Wage. Do as you're told, your opinion does not… Advice to Senior Management: At least act like your employee's opinion matters. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for overall

Pharmacist (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great salary, state of the art technology, well trained technicians. Cons: Increasingly excessive hoops to jump through without extra time/help. Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.