There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Outward a great company to its customers and patients; inward, a terrible company to its employees.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent career track, excellent training for employees, commitment to community, values diversity

Cons

Career track of late can be confusing, especially for Front End management. Limited (if an) job security for Assistant Managers, and an unclear future for Store Managers. Rewiring the company's roles in order to save a few bucks on payroll. Good luck trying to have a family and also balance with work, especially during the holidays. Managers are required to work from Halloween through New Years without any holiday leave or vacation, except for the main holidays themselves, and are required to work 6 days per week during that period.

Provide transparency to your Managers. It won't spark or incite a riot or mass exodus if you will give them enough time to prepare for any future layoffs.

3500 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Want more and more work, with less and less payroll hours

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Pontiac, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Pontiac, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are good, especially for the area that I am in. Vacation, sick days, and holidays are great...the way they are now.

Cons

Hours are inconsistent. I have compared sales from last year and they are up, but we have less payroll hours to work with. And then we get complaints from customers because we are not staffed properly.

Have a realistic goal with payroll hours. Listen to employees work on the floor and are legitimately complaining about working conditions.

Very good place for starting a career, or gaining experience.

Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist
    Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good communication, good policies, works with you well when you're a hard worker and illness comes up or unexpected events.

Cons

A little bit too bureaucratic.

More helpers, higher pay incentives. Only because they were taken away (reduced commissions) from us and I saw a noticeable change in employee attitude.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!