Walgreens
2.9 of 5 2,814 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Excellent Company to work for

Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee)
Carbondale, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey offer great insurance, profit sharing, stock options, pto, and comparable rates of pay.

Consthey do NOT give raises based on productivity- they give one yearly raise, a set price across the board, therefore giving no incentive to do better and the ones who don't do their job get paid as much as those who carry the weight. They also only hire college students or degreed people for Mgmt.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to the age of paying the employee who wishes to achieve greater expectations and sharing the wealth with those employees. Also, try promoting those of us to Mgmt. who are knowledgeable about retail and public relations. College students are not always your best and only choice.

Great environment, benefits are abysmal.

Senior Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Team members are awesome, retail always depends on the manager… Cons: Medical Benefits are really lacking. Pay a little over $750 dollars per month for benefits… Advice to Senior Management: Due to family medical necessities, opting out of medical is not an option, but its ridiculous that I pay over $750 dollars per month… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's been a pleasure working for Walgreens!!!

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
New Bedford, MA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: You always learn something new..Working with a great team is always good and if… Cons: Never have same hours one week you're at 40 hours next… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work, everything is under control and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.