There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Excellent Company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor  in  Carbondale, IL
Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor in Carbondale, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer great insurance, profit sharing, stock options, pto, and comparable rates of pay.

Cons

they do NOT give raises based on productivity- they give one yearly raise, a set price across the board, therefore giving no incentive to do better and the ones who don't do their job get paid as much as those who carry the weight. They also only hire college students or degreed people for Mgmt.

Return to the age of paying the employee who wishes to achieve greater expectations and sharing the wealth with those employees. Also, try promoting those of us to Mgmt. who are knowledgeable about retail and public relations. College students are not always your best and only choice.

3485 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

It's been a pleasure working for Walgreens!!!

Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  New Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in New Bedford, MA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros

You always learn something new..Working with a great team is always good and if you're good at customer service this is a place you should be..Its a good environment..

Cons

Never have same hours one week you're at 40 hours next week at 32 hours..other than the schedule everything seems good to me..

Keep up the good work, everything is under control and the way a store should be running...love my store 3090

Great environment, benefits are abysmal.

Current Employee - Senior Pharmacy Tech  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Pharmacy Tech in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team members are awesome, retail always depends on the manager you have and I have a great one.

Cons

Medical Benefits are really lacking. Pay a little over $750 dollars per month for benefits and still have a 20% coinsurance AFTER a $2500 deductible, and that's the BEST plan they offer.

Due to family medical necessities, opting out of medical is not an option, but its ridiculous that I pay over $750 dollars per month for benefits that aren't really a benefit. Family member goes to hospital and AFTER the insurance my bill is STILL over $700 dollars.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!