Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Decent internship

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Pay was decent for an internshit. $14 an hour. I made good money during the summer that was the only good thing.

Cons

Same work day to day. Not very exciting going into work since you are doing the same tasks. Basically an overpaid employee

Give interns more challenging tasks than just stocking shelves

4150 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

CPhT in Milwaukee Market

Former Employee - CPhT in West Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - CPhT in West Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

401k contribution was awesome
    Company will pay/reimburse for PTCB exam
    District Management or Upper Management are supportive (when you get a hold of them)

Cons

You will not be promoted if you don't sgin up for their 401k plan. I felt bullied into it.
    How well the pharmacy produces is 100% contingent on the whims of the pPharmacy Manager.
    I worked for an RxM who was on a never ending power trip, and would flat out lie and use techs as scapegoats for his costly blunders, but he couldn't back his claims up with our KPIs.
    When district management finally realized he was the problem after MONTHS of monitoring our store they demoted him. However there are fallacies on the techs company records that will stay on file permanently. Shameful.

Employee turn around is a huge problem because proper screening wasn't done during interview

Invest in your technicians as much as you do interns. Efficient, intelligent, and loyal Pharmacy Technicians are not replaceable.

Great job with plenty of upward potential!

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At the store level, management is for the most part very helpful, friendly, and flexible. They understand I am a college student with a quickly changing schedule and are helpful in accommodating that.

Cons

District and Regional offices are very intense about pushing new policies without considering how they affect the employees. Very hard to get in contact with regarding problems and fixing them.

Communication is key! Learn to take criticism instead of avoiding it and you will have happier employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens