Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

CPhT in Milwaukee Market

CPhT (Former Employee) West Milwaukee, WI

Pros401k contribution was awesome
Company will pay/reimburse for PTCB exam
District Management or Upper Management are supportive (when you get a hold of them)

ConsYou will not be promoted if you don't sgin up for their 401k plan. I felt bullied into it.
How well the pharmacy produces is 100% contingent on the whims of the pPharmacy Manager.
I worked for an RxM who was on a never ending power trip, and would flat out lie and use techs as scapegoats for his costly blunders, but he couldn't back his claims up with our KPIs.
When district management finally realized he was the problem after MONTHS of monitoring our store they demoted him. However there are fallacies on the techs company records that will stay on file permanently. Shameful.

Employee turn around is a huge problem because proper screening wasn't done during interview

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your technicians as much as you do interns. Efficient, intelligent, and loyal Pharmacy Technicians are not replaceable.

Decent internship

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros: Pay was decent for an internshit. $14 an hour. I made… Cons: Same work day to day. Not very exciting going into work… Advice to Senior Management: Give interns more challenging tasks than just stocking shelves More

Just get certified through Walgreens then move on.

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: They pay for your certification and are proactive on helping… Cons: They pay is very low, you cannot support yourself on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!