Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

CPhT in Milwaukee Market

Former Employee - CPhT  in  West Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - CPhT in West Milwaukee, WI

Pros

401k contribution was awesome
Company will pay/reimburse for PTCB exam
District Management or Upper Management are supportive (when you get a hold of them)

Cons

You will not be promoted if you don't sgin up for their 401k plan. I felt bullied into it.
How well the pharmacy produces is 100% contingent on the whims of the pPharmacy Manager.
I worked for an RxM who was on a never ending power trip, and would flat out lie and use techs as scapegoats for his costly blunders, but he couldn't back his claims up with our KPIs.
When district management finally realized he was the problem after MONTHS of monitoring our store they demoted him. However there are fallacies on the techs company records that will stay on file permanently. Shameful.

Employee turn around is a huge problem because proper screening wasn't done during interview

Invest in your technicians as much as you do interns. Efficient, intelligent, and loyal Pharmacy Technicians are not replaceable.

Other reviews for Walgreens

This USED to be a good company.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)

Pros

NONE! I CAN NOT THINK OF ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT WALGREENS!

Cons

Micromanagement, expectations of one person doing three peoples jobs, no room for advancement, they're cutting wages and expect you to work twice as hard. They DO NOT care about you or your families. It's about the bottom dollar and how much money the head honchos can make. The health insurance used to good. Now, they cover less and less and charge you more. DO NOT APPLY for a job at this company. As a matter of fact, run fast and furious as far away as you can from them. I used to love my job, now I dread going to work. ;-(

WAKE UP! This company has made it this long because they cared about their employees. You are working your employees into the ground and expect them to stay upbeat. Go back to the FOUR-WAY test and OWN IT! You can't keep treating your employees like robots and expect them to stay loyal for long.

A once great company...now a Wal-mart wanna-be

Current Employee - Pharmacist  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Melbourne, FL

Pros

Where there used to be nothing but positive things I would say about the company, once the Walgreens family left, there are ZERO pro's to being an employee for this company.

Cons

Job always on the line...forced to practice against moral beliefs...all support help cut to bare minimum...customer is last on the list of concerns...benefits have been cut to the bone...management expects you to smile and be happy you have a job.

Go back to the previous work model...make us a proud company again.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!