There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Very good bunch of employees working at store.

Former Employee - Shift Lead in West Chester, PA
Former Employee - Shift Lead in West Chester, PA

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at Walgreens is the other employees. Like a family. Great discounts on store products. Most store managers are very helpful and good to work for. At least the ones I worked for at my store.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with most of the stores and how they are run. Not really in tune of what is happening at the different stores.

Advice to Management

Listen to all your employees, they are the ones working at that location everyday.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not a very positive work experience

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Houston, TX

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping solve customer issues and the satisfaction gained from doing so, and their appreciation made the job worthwhile. Also, working with great employees who weren't afraid of hard work and weren't just there for a paycheck.

Cons

I worked for Walgreens for seven years, and finally threw in the towel when I saw the direction the company was headed. Scheduling for some unfortunate MGT's (of which I was one), was not done fairly in any of the stores I worked. Promotion for Managers was based on favoritism. There was no work life balance for MGT's. In some stores I worked, bad Store Managers were not reprimanded by upper management or fired. MGT's were not really allowed to "manage". No matter how hard you worked, there was no appreciation shown, or encouragement given by the Store Managers. A simple "thank you" would have sufficed. Reviews were never done fairly by the Store Managers I worked with. Credit was not given for hard work, instead you just "met expectations". All in all, a very negative work experience for me.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well. Without them, you wouldn't have a company to run. Actually show you care instead of just paying lip service. Compensate the employees well instead of cutting their pay and hours while you take home salaries and bonuses in the millions. Promote from within like it used to be done instead of bringing outsiders who have no loyalty or allegiance to the company. Allow the Store Managers to run their stores. Return the company to its former culture. Walgreens used to care about its employees, it's not too late for that again. Try not to run the company into the ground.

This USED to be a good company.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NONE! I CAN NOT THINK OF ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT WALGREENS!

Cons

Micromanagement, expectations of one person doing three peoples jobs, no room for advancement, they're cutting wages and expect you to work twice as hard. They DO NOT care about you or your families. It's about the bottom dollar and how much money the head honchos can make. The health insurance used to good. Now, they cover less and less and charge you more. DO NOT APPLY for a job at this company. As a matter of fact, run fast and furious as far away as you can from them. I used to love my job, now I dread going to work. ;-(

Advice to Management

WAKE UP! This company has made it this long because they cared about their employees. You are working your employees into the ground and expect them to stay upbeat. Go back to the FOUR-WAY test and OWN IT! You can't keep treating your employees like robots and expect them to stay loyal for long.