Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Good coworkers, not always good managers

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Walgreens part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, lots of learning opportunities, convenient location for commute from home or school. Never felt like I was dragging in.

Cons

Location near commuter station meant lots of customers came in expecting "valet" type service - oh could you get me this, and run because my train is in 3 minutes

None - I shared my opinions before leaving. Not sure if it made a difference for current employees.

3959 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

A company that cares about profits as well as the community. Allows management to think creatively (to an extent).

Former Employee - Assistant Manager In Training in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager In Training in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Walgreens full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No two days are ever the same. The corporate values are inspiring. Moving up the corporate ladder can be quick for those that work hard.

Cons

This is still retail and you have to work with minimum wage mindset employees. To be able to be a store manager you have to be a pharmacy tech. To be able to move up the ladder you will have to move to a store that has the available position (which could be in another state).

There is a disconnect from employees and management. Managers are expected to be everything, specifically the face of HR as well. This gives no middle man for sounding boards. Many employee's feel that they are "unheard" and take it out passive agressively on the company. Many managers have high expectations of performance that leaves them little to know time for dealing with employee gripes.

I've worked for Walgreens for 6 years now. and I love it!

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Portsmouth, VA
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Portsmouth, VA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really love my job. It may be challenging at times but I enjoy it. Over 90% of the customers that I help everyday appreciate what I do for them, and they tell me so daily.

Cons

Every job has its cons. Honestly the only thing that I do not like is how the scheduling is done. Working until 9, 10 or 11 at night and then having to be back anytime between 7 and 9 am the next morning is getting to be unbearable. I've spoken to management about it and nothing has been done to alleviate the stress of this one particular problem that every tech seems to have with the schedule.

The only advice I can give to management is to try and accommodate those that need special schedule while not punishing others that open availability. It's very stressful and makes for a volatile work environment and lowers morale. Just a thought.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens