Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Walgreens hired me without much experience and provided a great training atmosphere.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Aurora, CO
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Aurora, CO

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Solid company that isn't going anywhere.

Cons

They know that making money often means cutting hours.

Keep up the good work.

4153 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Over worked and under paid

Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have to say the benefits are really good. The main reason it gets 3 stars.

Cons

The hours are constantly cut while the work piles on. The incentive to increase sales in the cosmetic department doesn't work if you cut hours and don't let them have time to pull bays, do reset ext. Also doing management work with out the pay is criminal. No respect from management. Not having an employee's back. Making less then 10$ an hour when your the head of your department.

Stop cutting hours or stop piling on the work to the employees. We can only do so much. You can get more done in having 2- 8 hour shifts then one 8 hour. Increase the pay to your department heads and give increases and bonuses to employees who go out of there way. Just because someone has been with the company for over 10 years doesn't mean they are good at there job.

Compensation doesn't meet responsibilities

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High level of job security. Company is well positioned to have a long future in the pharmaceuticals industry and the retail environment is always in need of competent leadership.

Cons

The pay doesn't meet job requirements. Leaders are expected to be pseudo-store managers without any hiring/disciplinary ability. The company recently cut an assistant manager level position forcing employees to either find an opening at a new store or accept a demotion in status and pay. Career opportunities are very limited and very much based on tenure.

Be more transparent with hourly employees. While being a leader my employees are more efficient when they understand why and how important their tasks are. I've found upper management to be very reluctant in this sense.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens