Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Not the company I got hired by.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to have a lot of "pros". Now it's mostly "cons". There are a lot of good people working there.

Cons

The company is rewiring positions. Essentially one management position is being eliminated, and another is taking it's place. That position,Shift Floor Lead (SFL) does the same job as the MGT, but is paid significantly less. The position of Executive Assistant is now re-named Assistant Store Manager(ASM) and there are Assistant Manager Trainees (ASM-T). Many good MGT's are being asked to step down, while weaker, inexperienced people are being hired and rushed through to ASM-T positions. On top of all these changes, the company is starting to lose really good Store Managers. People that have been around for a long time, and have done a lot of good thing for the company. I know of three that left, who had a combined 50 years of experience. Yet, corporate seems to ignore this. Alloted hours for stores are constantly being cut, pharmacy runs short on hours, and front store needs to help out. Then we are reprimanded for not having projects completed. There used to be good teamwork within districts, now not so much. People in corporate seem to think all of our customers just want to hear slogans and that will keep them coming back.

There is more to life that stock price. Yes $60 a share is nice, but what about the quality of your employee's life.

4119 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Walgreens Photo Review

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to be promoted on the inside, if you stay long enough you will get great opportunities, and great benefits.

Cons

Loss Prevention is sneaky, and thinks irrationally.
    When they came to talk to me about some things they told me. "You know what you did wrong, if you tell me "I don't know" then your lying"
    My manager limited me to 1 class this semester, then fired me. So i was stuck with only one class.
    I feel like my manager looked for a reason to get rid of me.

After I got fired, I found out that i was being underpayed compared to the others that started in my position.

I was also promised numerous things when i was first hired, I put down pharmacy as my first choice and photo as my second. They didn't have a pharmacy position open so they put me in photo. Mr. Groene told me I would be the next to go to pharmacy when a position was open, when a position opened I wasn't even talked to.

I was also promised that I would get the yearly review that decides whether or not you get a raise in august, since i would of been hired 2 months before the raise. I didn't even get the review.

You guy's strive to not let anybody work off of the clock.
    But yet the majority of my co-workers worked off the clock, and I would get in to trouble when i tried to take garbage out when off the clock.

too much work for little pay

Former Employee - Service Clerk in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Service Clerk in Spring, TX

I worked at Walgreens part-time (less than a year)

Pros

better than to not get a pay check

Cons

cheap coupon ladies
    little pay 7.75 an hour
    too much work there isn't enough hours in the day to finish
    no room for growth unless you want to be a pharmacy tech

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens