Walgreens
2.9 of 5 2,791 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Great opportunities but hard work!

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Mobile, AL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWalgreens is a Fortune 500 company and has been so for decades. It is the largest retail pharmacy in America with stores in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Lots of jobs available in stores, distribution centers, and at the corporate offices.

ConsYou are limited at Walgreens to make decisions outside of the company directive. The company wants something in the store, it's there whether it sells at your location or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people to make the right choices.

At first it was a great experience working for the company, but now I don't know anymore.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible schedule Nice associates and customers Cons: Depends on where you work My boss is a perfectionist and when I say that, he makes people do projects over again until it's the way… Advice to Senior Management: Interview and be thorough with who you choose as managers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Training needs improvement

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent starting pay and most people are friendly. Cons: Not sure if it's done the same way at every store but the training I received was very poor. Needs much improvement. I was basically… Advice to Senior Management: Revise training. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.