There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

It is a fulfilling work place for me as serve customers and colleagues.

Current Employee - Shift Lead in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Shift Lead in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is room for growth if you are willing to work, follow policies and are coachable. If you are committed to your work, you shall reap the benefits thereof.

Cons

Getting the store in the perfect condition I would like it to be such as having all merchandise on the floor if they are available in the stockroom.

Longer training days before leaving staff to be on their own. There should be a detailed itemized least of the atreas for training and each should be checked off with the staff in training as he or she confirms that they have been trained in that area.

reviews filtered by
  1. Despite of how things might have once been with this company, I love my job!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to truly succeed in life, grow within a company, and aren't afraid of working for it.....look no further!

Cons

Training is what it is-could be better but people are individuals and so it's not really fair to judge too harshly. Insurance isn't the greatest but at least it's offered!

Say what you mean and mean what you say. I dislike the special attention some employees/managers receive while they slack off while the rest of us have to constantly clean up their messes on top of completing our work in a timely manner.

Employment conditions more or less the same as any other retail pharmacy setting

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Computer system is more advanced, trailblazing

Cons

A lot of expectations but not enough help

Retail pharmacy personnel get burned-out from stress due to cut-backs in staffing hours; most of us really want to offer top-notch customer service but if we have long lines and backed-up, we would have to deal with irate customers who will require more time for us to appease, ergo longer lines and backed up even more

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens