There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

It is a fulfilling work place for me as serve customers and colleagues.

Current Employee - Shift Lead in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Shift Lead in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is room for growth if you are willing to work, follow policies and are coachable. If you are committed to your work, you shall reap the benefits thereof.

Cons

Getting the store in the perfect condition I would like it to be such as having all merchandise on the floor if they are available in the stockroom.

Advice to Management

Longer training days before leaving staff to be on their own. There should be a detailed itemized least of the atreas for training and each should be checked off with the staff in training as he or she confirms that they have been trained in that area.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Poor Management

Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean workplace and facility. Not too many pros, but I have to meet minimum word requirements...

Cons

Erratic hours, bad elements in management, and low pay. I worked there, part-time, as an intermediary job between college. The way this company is ran reflects everything that is wrong with corporate lobby-induced wealth gaps in America today. Coworkers with share stories about working multiple part time jobs to make ends meet because Walgreens won't hire them full time. My entire time there, I only saw one retired woman who showed me a pension card. One particular assistant manager appeared to have personality and emotional disorders. She was very unprofessional and likes to stretch her "power muscles" when the store manager and other assistant managers weren't around. She micromanages even the experienced staff members who have been there longer than her. More than once, I have been forced to perform another task when I'm in the middle of helping a customer. This asst. manager even once got in my face, accusing me of "disrespecting her", when the two of us were in the stock room! She then proceeded to write me up for "insubordination". Walgreens has a company magazine they leave in break rooms. There's a section where comment on how corporate senior management and executives work twice a year in real stores to get a feel of what it's really like on the ground. Corporate managers commented they were "shocked" to find out how slow they accomplished a routine store task in contrast to store team members. Strangely I don't see any top-to-down incentives to implement more humane retail operation methods. Walgreen's wages remain low, hours remain erratic, and full time work sounds like a distant relic.

Advice to Management

In most businesses, customers come first. Being professional and respectful to your teammates is also constructive. It is best to leave your personal problems at home so you won't project it onto others. In relation to comments left by elite corporate managers, "If you can't do the work of store member with equal or faster speed and efficiency, then don't expect others to do so, especially with less pay."

2. Walgreens

Current Employee - SFL in Sun Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - SFL in Sun Prairie, WI

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Schedule is usually pretty flexible.

Cons

Corporate is out of touch with their stores. The pay isn't what it should be. Five sick days in a calendar year (seems too little, especially if you have a young child).