There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Great company but many questionable choices

Current Employee - Photo Specialist  in  Weldon Spring, MO
Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Weldon Spring, MO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reasons to work for Walgreens is easily the work environment and the beliefs behind the company. Walgreens asks employees to complete surveys every year to see what is really going on in their stores and what should be improved.

Cons

Some of the choices in management are very questionable. Three of my five assistant managers did not have the needed skills for their jobs and were forced to learn the skills and the requirements through a program but that work could only be completed on the clock, when employees need them. Employees stop caring after a while and stop trying so those of us that still do care have to pick up all the slack and then we get burned out.

Be more picky in who you hire, listen to what your employees have to say. We are the ones working in the stores, not you. Come up with a better uniform, I am so sick of constantly being asked if I work there because our uniform doesn't really look much like one.

3485 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Decent enough place to work, but not a career.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Mix of good and bad managers and coworkers (like any occupation)
    - Pay is slightly better than other entry level retail
    - Good community feeling around the workplace

Cons

- It's retail, so you will get used to being treated like less than a person once or twice a shift
    - Zero incentive to work harder or more efficiently

Find a way to recognize quality hourly workers with concrete benefits/promotions instead of cheesy recognition campaigns that single them out.

It's a drugstore don't expect too much lol.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, they usually start pay above minimum wage, and depending on where you work at fun coworkers and bosses. They also throw a monthly party for everyone's birthday that month and Walgreens pays for it which is AWESOME. You also get double pay on certain holidays.

Cons

Sales goals for the monthly specials and cosmetic items, getting customers to sign up for a Walgreens card, and getting customers to answer surveys at the bottom of the receipt. Store hours (which vary from store to store) but it kinda sucks staying open so late especially if you work part time as a student.

Please be more realistic with the sales goals and getting customers to sign up and do surveys. Most people aren't as kind anymore and are really pushy and get an attitude very easily. It's hard to get done what's required of us without the customer getting mad and then complaining that they had a terrible experience at Walgreens and having that backfire on us when we did nothing wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!