Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

Great company but many questionable choices

Photo Specialist (Current Employee) Weldon Spring, MO

ProsThe best reasons to work for Walgreens is easily the work environment and the beliefs behind the company. Walgreens asks employees to complete surveys every year to see what is really going on in their stores and what should be improved.

ConsSome of the choices in management are very questionable. Three of my five assistant managers did not have the needed skills for their jobs and were forced to learn the skills and the requirements through a program but that work could only be completed on the clock, when employees need them. Employees stop caring after a while and stop trying so those of us that still do care have to pick up all the slack and then we get burned out.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more picky in who you hire, listen to what your employees have to say. We are the ones working in the stores, not you. Come up with a better uniform, I am so sick of constantly being asked if I work there because our uniform doesn't really look much like one.

Good place to work

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good variety of people to work with, offers health insurance benefits… Cons: Starting pay is very low, can be difficult to move up to shift leader position, but from there seems like more opportunities for advancement become… Advice to Senior Management: Management should listen more to employees, as they have the most contact with customers. Customers do not want to take a survey every time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent enough place to work, but not a career.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Springfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros: - Mix of good and bad managers and coworkers (like any occupation) - Pay… Cons: - It's retail, so you will get used to being treated like less than… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to recognize quality hourly workers with concrete… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!