Senior Beauty Advisor: or How to Spend the Day Moving Stuff Around

Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor in Twin Falls, ID
Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my co-workers, good mix of new and regular customers. Merchandise changes rapidly from season to season, it's not the same old products all the time.

Cons

Pay for hourly employees is not even middling, it is on the lower end of the scale. Far more managers with an assortment of acronyms than floor people, a typical daytime shift will have 3-4 managers, 1 front register, 1 photo, and possibly 1 B.A. We all just got royally screwed with vacations, but that actually works out in favor of new employees.

Advice to Management

FIX THE PTO SITUATION! We now have to work for an entire year without taking any time off in order to accrue the vacation time/PTO that we would have access to in February like the rest of the world. I hope that making employees who have worked for Walgreens for over a year and expected to have vacation time this year (and not getting any) is saving a load of money for the company so we can get raises, right?

reviews filtered by

Great Company

Former Employee - Call Center in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Call Center in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee Engagement was excellent and well managed.

Cons

Nothing to report, no complaints.

Advice to Management

Great Job

There's A Way...To Screw Your Employees

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Big company equals big benefits like matching 401k, insurance, work comp, help desk, etc.

Cons

What they giveth, they slowly take away -- no more time and half for holidays, no more sick days, never get breaks in pharmacy (other than lunch), no wealth trickles down (only BS), no transparency.

Advice to Management

Tell us what's in the works before we hear from the rumor mill or get angry after the fact. We are tired of being surprised and unprepared by bad news. Stop adding services to pharmacy and cutting hours. We can't be doctors, lab techs, AND pharmacists!