Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

The good and the bad at Walgreens.

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Deerfield, IL

ProsOne of the best reasons to work for Walgreens Health Services (WHS) is the profit sharing program. The Company will match a guaranteed $2 for every $1 an employer contributes to their 401(k) plan, up to the first 2%. This is the starting point and matches could far exceed these levels based on the Company's performance. Another good reason to work for WHS is that the Company is building new stores every day and this provides an abundance of job opportunities.

ConsSome of the downsides of working at Walgreens is that the Company provides more advancement opportunities for pharmacists than it does for non-pharmacists. Also, the Company does not provide tuition reimbursement for graduate school, only for those wishing to obtain a PharmD. Another downside of working for the Company is the lack of leadership by Senior Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would tell Senior Management that they need to do a better job at executing their strategies and focus more on growing their more profitable business, such as their mail facilities and their PBM. I have seen many times where Walgreens will lose a bid to a third party payor becuase of its lack of PBM aggressiveness and leadership in the marketplace. Walgreens focuses more on building new stores than it does at attracting members to its stores.

A hit or miss job

Photo Specialist (Current Employee) Coventry, RI

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros: Easy to do if you are a pretty lazy… Cons: Big downside is if you have a crappy store manager. From what i heard its great and easy to advaNCE if u have a good… Advice to Senior Management: I would tell them to look a lot closer to the… More

I do my best for Walgreens.

Executive Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros: The benefits like profit sharing, potential advancement, and employee discount. Profit sharing has been amazing for me and I've only been in it for… Cons: Not being able to use vacation time during the winter months. Being transferred to any store at a whim of the district manager. … Advice to Senior Management: Some of us work our butts off only to be criticized for not doing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!