There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

walgreens is a changed company

Current Employee - Was Assistant Manager (MGT) Now SFL in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Was Assistant Manager (MGT) Now SFL in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

walgreens is a great place to work if you like fast pace environment and are good at customer service.

Cons

walgreens has gone through a couple of years of reorganization which has not benefit us managers. they have eliminated some core positions including MGTs making a good portion of us step down to be only key holders and taking a BIG pay cut and being caped on that salary

Advice to Management

walgreens has all ways been a good employer but the changes really show that we are now just a number. its all about revenue now. Having positions that are suppose to be non-management with low-caped pay is not right these key holders do to do manager duties on a daily bases and should be payed much more than they do particularly when a good standing employee with 10 years plus is effected by it.

reviews filtered by

Absolutely the hardest job I've ever had and minimal pay/room for growth unless you're in college.

Former Employee - Certified Photo Technician in Ballwin, MO
    Former Employee - Certified Photo Technician in Ballwin, MO

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job forces you to become much more accomplished at handling customers, problem solving, and as I was a photo technician becoming self-reliant to find and fix problems yourself. It certainly keeps you busy and overall I've enjoyed good open-door policy relationships with managers who listen. Unfortunately they can't do much to fix the problem.

Cons

Im 35. After 4 1/2 years I went from a pay/hour of $9.15 to $10.00. Thats not going to allow me or any adult an income to live on. Unless you want to be a manager. Often, certain employess can miss a ridiculous amount of days and not be reprimanded. The lack of positive feedback(very specific to some of my store managers not all as some we're great) just makes you wonder. Wonder why you literally have hundreds of responsibilities in a store that has 4 on staff at most. Way too much demands for one person to handle be responsible for when managers often stick with employees who no-show constantly, leave early, or have ridiculous excuses to not show up. You, bear the brunt. Hiring high school kids and college students whom are not dependent on this job as their means of living is a huge issue.,

Advice to Management

After having 6 paid days off now you have to earn them through time regardless if you've been there 20 years or 2 weeks. The demands they expect in a busy store with an employee-to-customer ratio is just astronomically low makes it not feasible for employees to just end up hating work. Cutting managers salaries 10k and giving them the choice to leave or take a huge pay cut is a dishonorable and abhor ant new policy as walgreens tries to save money to buy the biggest pharm company in europe. Great if your in high school. Not great if you want to live in your parents house if your not married until your 60.

Avoid avoid

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology is one the best in the industry, some management can be helpful at times,

Cons

Extremely stressful, no breaks, no help, long lines with minimal to no help. Pharmacy has definitely changed for the worse