There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

walgreens is a changed company

Current Employee - Was Assistant Manager (MGT) Now SFL in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Was Assistant Manager (MGT) Now SFL in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

walgreens is a great place to work if you like fast pace environment and are good at customer service.

Cons

walgreens has gone through a couple of years of reorganization which has not benefit us managers. they have eliminated some core positions including MGTs making a good portion of us step down to be only key holders and taking a BIG pay cut and being caped on that salary

Advice to Management

walgreens has all ways been a good employer but the changes really show that we are now just a number. its all about revenue now. Having positions that are suppose to be non-management with low-caped pay is not right these key holders do to do manager duties on a daily bases and should be payed much more than they do particularly when a good standing employee with 10 years plus is effected by it.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. Company went downhill fast

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Pflugerville, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Pflugerville, TX

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the people I work with, loyal customers, satisfaction knowing I actually help customers

Cons

Advancement in management is actually a pay decrease, work life balance is non-existent, the stores and pharmacies are too understaffed to support the 20 company programs and do our job

2. Company has gone downhill.

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can work here if no other options left.

Cons

Very low pay, management, treatment, benefits, stressful environment, downsizing, lack of coverage during peak hours, almost impossible to get a decent raise even with good evaluation, going up to senior tech gives you only like a dollar more.

Advice to Management

Give employees a better incentive to push different promotions. They've turned it into sales pitches for pharmacy employees but no percentage is going to the employee.