Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Solid

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

People, People, People, People, Culture

Cons

Compensation and the future nothing is guaranteed, right?

keep on keepin on!

4128 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Very positive culture and a culture that embraces diversity

Current Employee - Manager, Talent Acquisition in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Manager, Talent Acquisition in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Business model that continues to evolve with market demands.

Cons

IT infrastructure is currently in the process of being harmonized accross the organization.

Toxic work environment....

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

competitive pay, many locations, decent retirement plan. Many health insurance choices. Good pharmacy technology. The company continuously looks to expand the role of the pharmacist.

Cons

Culture at walgreens is toxic. More time is spent of building cases to fire employees, than time is invested to train and help them succeed. There is no molding and developing the people under you, either they do it right the first time, or they are treated punitively, no teaching, no learning. As a manager you are only doing your job if you are disciplining someone beneath you. There are quotas to fill for amount of disciplinary write-ups. You are told up front that no person is exceeding average on their performance review, you are at best meeting the minimum requirements of walgreens. As a manager you are considered soft, and not doing your job if you feel one of your employees is going above and beyond. Your success is totally dependent on whether or not you are a "yes man" to your arrogant District Manager, who by the way is climbing the ladder by putting everyone below him/her in a constant state of fear of loosing their livelihood for any small mistake. Pharmacy graduates out there, I would recommend you look long and hard at this company before practicing pharmacy in this environment.

My advice to management would be, get some new management. This company was fantastic 5 or 6 short years ago. I would change my career before I would recommend, or work for this company again.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens