Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Best pharmacy to work for

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Salem, OR
Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Salem, OR

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Walgreens has the best computer system I've ever used. You can quickly and accurately review & verfiy prescriptions with confidence. Most techs are very knowledgable & free the pharmacist up to review Rxs and counsel without having to call insurance or wait on the front counter.

Cons

Tech hours continue to get cut, leaving the Rph to call insurance, answer phones, etc.

Give us our tech hours back!

3864 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Not the best place to work, but not the worst.

Current Employee - Certified Photo Technician in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Certified Photo Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

The work is simple enough and time seems to go by pretty fast. The pay is pretty great considering the amount of work. If you've got a positive attitude, things can be pretty fun. Getting hours is fairly simple as long as you act positive and work hard.

Cons

Most customers are rude and don't give a crap about you even though you try to care about them. Although there are the regular customers that are really cool. Work is pure maintenance of the store and nothing new ever happens. It's really easy to get bored, but management will harp on you if you're not doing anything. Store moral is often low. Management is constantly getting moved around between the stores so you constantly have to get used to new people. There are too many restrictions between management and service clerks building relationships.

Store management: Get to know your employees. Acting like you're too busy to get to know them doesn't help store morale.
    Corporate Management: Hire better district managers with more experience in retail. Make better decisions regarding the budget and employee well-being. Low company morale won't help raise WAG stock.

assistant manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Great opportunity to spend time with coworkers that develop into a family. Really fun atmosphere, very relaxed and warm. Your hand-eye coordination will get busy, and you will get better at resolving conflicts--with customers and coworkers. You definitely build tolerance.

Cons

Very difficult work--my knees and back were always hurting. The pay wasn't very good, and it's hard for your feedback to turn into a new procedure, even if it makes sense for your store, since it's an international brand with international procedures and standards.

Allow for a little more judgement on the part of the stores. For example--we weren't allowed to write "thank you" on our tip jar in multiple languages, even though we had a very international staff and were in a very diverse community.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens