Walgreens

I enjoy working at Walgreens

Current Employee - Pharmacy in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Pharmacy in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Very good system to minimize medication errors. The people that I work with are very helpful and respectful. I have never had a problem with anyone. If problems do arise in the pharmacy or the store they are taken care of in a timely manner. The staff support each other, for example we had a problem with a patient and one of the other pharmacists came to the aid of the pharmacist who was handling it.

Cons

As far as the company goes I have not yet seen a downside, but there will always be certain people you will not enjoy working with.

I love my pharmacy manager. She has taught me so much. Sometimes there can be a disconnect with the floor staff and the pharmacy staff but I do not see that in my store. I believe it is vital for both teams to get along to have a harmonious environment.

3838 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Great company for a pharmacist!

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

The technology (computer system, robot, etc.) aids me in doing my job and greatly surpasses other pharmacy chains. The workflow design actually works to promote efficiency unlike my experience at another chain (it hindered efficiency). Pharmacist overlap every weekday is a plus that can not be beat (I actually get a lunch break). Time and a half for overtime is great compared to the other chains of time plus $6.

Cons

The volume of prescriptions filled in a day can be stressful.

Be visible. Stay connected to the profession - actually work some shifts each month, so you have first hand knowledge of what is faced by the pharmacy staff.

I would rather sell my soul for some French fries.

Current Employee - Distribution Center Stock Picker in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Distribution Center Stock Picker in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

It's a good job to get you going and on your feet, but other than that, there is no reason that you should be working for these fascists bastards. If you do happen work for them, take my advice and get out AS SOON as you can.

Cons

Oh jeez, there's so much wrong with the way this company and the people within it operate, I don't even know where to begin. The managers and senior staff are incompetent, and not to mention extremely vapid, to the level that you could just punt babies off of high rise buildings all day. They also treat their employees as though they were worthless pieces of trash.
    Actually, I'm going to stop there because there's not enough time in my life to list all of the things that are wrong with this company.

God forbid you ever have to walk a mile in my shoes. Actually, I take that back; I hope you do, so you can see just how close you come to an epic beating every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens