I enjoy working at Walgreens

Current Employee - Pharmacy in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Pharmacy in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Very good system to minimize medication errors. The people that I work with are very helpful and respectful. I have never had a problem with anyone. If problems do arise in the pharmacy or the store they are taken care of in a timely manner. The staff support each other, for example we had a problem with a patient and one of the other pharmacists came to the aid of the pharmacist who was handling it.

Cons

As far as the company goes I have not yet seen a downside, but there will always be certain people you will not enjoy working with.

Advice to Management

I love my pharmacy manager. She has taught me so much. Sometimes there can be a disconnect with the floor staff and the pharmacy staff but I do not see that in my store. I believe it is vital for both teams to get along to have a harmonious environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. A great place to work w/ a few minor kinks.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Westchester, IL

Pros

Great benefits and lots of opportunities depending on who you know or sometimes just being in the right place at the right time.

Cons

Retail setting results in long hours including weekends and holidays. Lot of managers shouldn't be managers but are because of connections.

Advice to Management

Promote people who can do the job well not those who suck up. Sometimes older does not translate into wiser as many of the RPh managers are more than double the age of their staff and are not up to date w/ the latest laws, tech and drug info.

Walgreen's is not where you can build a career

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

Pros

The pay is ok for MGT. A place to work right out of college til you find a real job.

Cons

DO not expect career advancement or getting your own store in less than 7 or so years, til then you are nothing.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to increase stock price. Actually do change from task focused to customer focus. Reduce the reset and revisions greatly, have a floor person in stead of just an MGT. Trim the fat, photo supervisors, cosmetic supervisors, District trainer these are excess jobs that should be taken on elsewhere.