There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Above average overall -- some rough spots and some bright spots

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

Tons of opportunity for growth and creativity. Some talented colleagues among the stiffs. And some good laughs on occasion. If you're smart and ambitious, this can be a great company to work for.

Cons

But if you want to grow and be creative, you had better be a driven individual. There's some corporate politics and some rusty process here, but there's also room for talented people to excel.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees more. Learn to focus on the big picture more and not get stuck on the small stuff. Be sensitive to the stress and discomfort of mass outsourcing.

reviews filtered by

Great

Current Employee - Assistant Manager-Walgreens in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager-Walgreens in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Great place to learn and work. Many good store managers and increasing pay every year. Very very good company to work for.

Cons

co-workers are mean... fight between coworkers... Very dramma workplace. Once you did something wrong, the entire neighbor stores will know

Advice to Management

Watch out for some of your good employee... and praise them more.

2. Great part time job, decent pay and good work enviroment from fellow co workers and management.

Former Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

Small enviroment which is great to start in if this is your first job.
    Flexible with scheduling and changing shifts around.
    Good start pay and was negotiable because of my retail experience.

Cons

Although schduleing is flexible you are required to work one holiday out of the year , my store was open 24 hours a day and open everyday of the year.
    Training in other departments wasn't given.
    Hired on as a beauty consultant and ended up being the front cashier so be ready to be placed in different areas without much training.

Advice to Management

I had a wonderful experience there and the management was very helpful, when I was leaving they were willing to give me good recommondation letters or be a reference to my future plans so that was such a good thing to hear.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens