There are newer employer reviews for Wallenius Wilhelmsen

Very good with some glaring exceptions.

Current Employee - Unspecified in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Current Employee - Unspecified in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I have been working at Wallenius Wilhelmsen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best and most successful RoRo operators. Excellent top management.

Cons

Some mid managers are below par.

Advice to Management

Do not elevate a supervisor to manager level only because he or she may be a temporary solution. In the long term that choice could be a drag.

Other Employee Reviews for Wallenius Wilhelmsen

Little work-life balance, though the work wasn't bad.

Former Employee - Vehicle Processor in Smyrna, TN
    Former Employee - Vehicle Processor in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Wallenius Wilhelmsen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was loads of overtime. Monthly gainshare from $1.00-$2.50/hour. Decent benefits. It is a GREAT part time job and an extremely stressful full time job. I speak from experience as a college student.

Cons

NO work-life balance at all. Some weeks, we would work 70 hours per week. We had no idea how long we would be working each day until we actually got off. Sometimes we found out Friday night at quitting time that we'd have to work Saturday and Sunday. People were not very organized and we would have to do things in very inefficient ways.

Advice to Management

Treat lower employees as you would want to be treated. Understand that family comes before work and try to be more accommodating and flexible.

2. Avoid Wallenius Wilhelmsen

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

- Given new challenges - Occasional free lunches - Insight into the shipping world - Major clients and customers

Cons

- There is a member of management (known as notoriously incompetent by the office) who continually make employees in the Melbourne office feel inferior and in my view is a major liability to WWL going forward. - Incompetent management (Some) not addressing the toxic corporate culture - there is infighting galore in the Melbourne team. Management take a hands off approach so they can keep their jobs, instead of dealing with the real issues. - Poor IT support and continual failing systems - compromising work quality and adding a crazy amount of stress. - Continual outsourcing of jobs overseas - There is no future in the company. Those who brown nose and smooze usually get limited opportunities.

Advice to Management

The advice is to clean up the company culture and morale. First by dumping of this one member of the Melbourne management team who continually contributes in creating the negative corporate environment and lack any ounce of empathy towards employees - this is as knowledgeable people leave the company. Also having management deal with the issues in the office, rather than pretend they don't exist. WWL portray a glossy image to it's clientel and public, but beneath the surface, the organisation is rotten to the core.