There are newer employer reviews for Walman Optical

It's a job - Not an adventure - It was fun and exciting for the first 3 months.

Current Employee - Field Sales
Current Employee - Field Sales

I have been working at Walman Optical

Pros

Employee owned - period! The management seems to be out for them self.

Cons

Management - Does not motivate - uses threats to get the motivation out of employees.

Your employees make the company. Learn what is important to the employees. Quit tracking us field sales reps like a bounty hunter!

4 Other Employee Reviews for Walman Optical (View Most Recent)

Having a positive work experience

Current Employee - Optician
    Current Employee - Optician

I have been working at Walman Optical

Pros

The hours are the best in the store. The Vision Center is closed on major holidays as a typical doctor's office would be. You are generally not called into the main of the store to help others accomplish tasks because we are dealing with patients who take precedence. No cashiering or cart pushing for example. If you decide to take the test to become a licensed optician and pass, Walmart with reimburse you the amount.

Cons

Customers of Walmart have a tendency to think we do not employ "real" doctors. All of our optometrists go through medical school and have earned the right to place Dr. in front of their names. Others think that because we are able to offer our glasses, contacts, services ect. at such an affordable price that the quality must also be lesser. Not the case.

My only have one complaint about the ability to achieve advancement within the company. I was told by a manager that is easier to train a manager from another department in optical, than it is for an optician to be trained as a manager. It can get frustrating to have to train your boss in basics for a position that you can do with your eyes closed.

Management needs to stop being so greedy and unethical!

I have been working at Walman Optical full-time

Pros

Employee owned, good people for the most part. Stock options make it worth it.

Cons

GREEDY management. Out for themselves! Different rules for different people. Unethical management in some branches.

Recognize good employees when you have them so you don't lose them. QUIT BEING SO GREEDY! The company is successful because of the TEAM, not you.

There are newer employer reviews for Walman Optical

Worked for Walman Optical? Contribute to the Community!