Walman Optical
www.walman.com Minneapolis, MN 500 to 999 Employees

Having a positive work experience

Optician (Current Employee)

ProsThe hours are the best in the store. The Vision Center is closed on major holidays as a typical doctor's office would be. You are generally not called into the main of the store to help others accomplish tasks because we are dealing with patients who take precedence. No cashiering or cart pushing for example. If you decide to take the test to become a licensed optician and pass, Walmart with reimburse you the amount.

ConsCustomers of Walmart have a tendency to think we do not employ "real" doctors. All of our optometrists go through medical school and have earned the right to place Dr. in front of their names. Others think that because we are able to offer our glasses, contacts, services ect. at such an affordable price that the quality must also be lesser. Not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only have one complaint about the ability to achieve advancement within the company. I was told by a manager that is easier to train a manager from another department in optical, than it is for an optician to be trained as a manager. It can get frustrating to have to train your boss in basics for a position that you can do with your eyes closed.

Management needs to stop being so greedy and unethical!

I have been working at Walman Optical full-time

Pros: Employee owned, good people for the most part. Stock… Cons: GREEDY management. Out for themselves! Different rules for… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize good employees when you have them so you don't lose them. QUIT… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Just an ok place to work, not a place to work at for a long period of time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Walman Optical

Pros: This company genuinely has great benefits as far as 401k, esop and if you can afford to have… Cons: 1. I feel if they could hire Managers with the right type of education and experience, it could thrive and be a great place to… Advice to Senior Management: Take your jobs seriously and do exactly as your job title expects of you. It wouldn't hurt to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walman Optical.

Worked for Walman Optical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walman Optical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walman Optical CEO Marty Bassett. All reviews posted anonymously by Walman Optical employees.