There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Learning experience

Current Employee - Area Manager
Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Short work weeks, competitive pay when bonuses actually come through, and fairly easy to get time off.

Cons

It's the good 'ol boys club where I am at. If you haven't been there 10+ years you might as well give up on a promotion no matter if a person is much more competent than the people up for a promotion. Senior leadership does very little besides stand around and talk in direct view of associates.

Stand behind the leaders on the front lines rather than reversing any decision made in order to avoid an upset associate.

8389 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Terrible

I worked at Walmart

Pros

My co workers were generally nice people and I got to meet interesting customers. I also liked having a fast food place in the building for lunch.

Cons

I hated it. The management is really unfair and I didn't get paid nearly enough. I received no benefits and got really low hours.

I am chasing my tail through constant change.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Job security and consistent raises. I am never bored. There is great opportunity for advancement for anyone who persues it. There is a great variety of positions available with this company.

Cons

In stores, availability must be broad, even if only working part-time. Majority of requisitions are for part-time only these days. New processes dominate the workday - obtaining good daily scorecard ratings are paramount to the exclusion of stocked shelves or customer service. Not enough associates to run the store effectively. Some of our department managers are expected to maintain 5 departments.

Stop shaving the payroll. It is hard enough to find and keep good associates in Rural America. Good scorecards do not equal smooth procesess. Not enough help leads to cheating leads to freight snowball in the backroom.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart