Walmart

Learning experience

Current Employee - Area Manager
Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Short work weeks, competitive pay when bonuses actually come through, and fairly easy to get time off.

Cons

It's the good 'ol boys club where I am at. If you haven't been there 10+ years you might as well give up on a promotion no matter if a person is much more competent than the people up for a promotion. Senior leadership does very little besides stand around and talk in direct view of associates.

Stand behind the leaders on the front lines rather than reversing any decision made in order to avoid an upset associate.

8778 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

I've had worse jobs

Current Employee - Seafood Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Seafood Sales Associate

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Be the "go to" guy and make a salaried manager's life easier and perks often come your way.

The quality of management varies from store to store but our store's above average.

Many different career tracks available.

Cons

Less than enthusiastic co-workers.

More often than not, pay and benefits are not on par with work demands and responsibilities.

Sam said listen to your associates as they are the best idea generators.

The associates under your control are your most precious resource. TaKe care of them. Don't use them as cost-cutting line item.

Terrible

I worked at Walmart

Pros

My co workers were generally nice people and I got to meet interesting customers. I also liked having a fast food place in the building for lunch.

Cons

I hated it. The management is really unfair and I didn't get paid nearly enough. I received no benefits and got really low hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart