Irritating and Frustrating.

Current Employee - Produce Associate in Grenada, MS
Current Employee - Produce Associate in Grenada, MS

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

I like the customers and the work itself is not bad. The scheduling is done three weeks in advance, which is a good thing.

Cons

Management is VERY adversarial with the employees. They ask you to do tasks in an impossible time frame. Management lies to the employees with impunity. We get bonuses every quarter and an average hourly rate added on holidays. The bad news is your hours will be cut for the next month. I'm a full time employee and haven't made over 35 hours in 6 months. Management's bonuses are based in part on payroll. So we end up understaffed with very few hours each. That is what's most irritating.

Advice to Management

Quit being do greedy, and help your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Regardless of one's position at Walmart headquarter, it will be a demanding career.

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Walmart has a diverse and extensive career opportunities. Compensation is competitive to the industry standard. Open door policy throughout the organization.

Cons

Work life balance is not good especially if you travel internationally. Direction from leadership change constantly due to changes at the top.

Advice to Management

Walmart needs to go back to it's root as established by Sam Walton. Deviating from it has hurt the U.S. segment performance.

2. It is definitely a learning experience!

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Houston, TX

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

You have a great opportunity to grow within the company, and its such a great learning experience that you can move to different departments, and also get trained in various fields to be widely efficient!

Cons

The low wages can sometimes serve as a downside, however the bonuses are righteous!!! After receiving your initial pay rate, you can only move up .40 cents after your anniversary regardless of your abilities, skills, and languages spoken.

Advice to Management

Take some time to really listen to your associates. Communication is key. If we all can listen to different views we can learn so much more!