i liked working for wal-mart it is a good company to worj for if u are good with customer service.

Current Employee - Cashier Associate  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Cashier Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

the benifits are good
Healthcare plan
help you pay for school
get a sams club card and discount .

Cons

you will have to work with a number of people all types so you will have to be good at good customer service a be able to work at a fast pace. you have to be good with listening and helping people also you have to to be very patience and come in with self motivated mind or else you will be upset everyday working with allkinds of personailities.

wal-mart will be even better with layaway all year round i think i will get more money coming in , think about it

Other Reviews for Walmart

My experience with Wal-Mart is I think that it is a good company to work for but the associates are under paid.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  DuBois, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DuBois, PA

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Wal-Mart is a good company to work for they like to promote from within, they also listen to associates ideas

Cons

Wal-Mart has a couple of cons one is that the assciates are under paid, and it can be a lot like high school with gossip

More money

Over-stressed, under paid - but my standards are too high for nearly all of the Walmart employees I worked with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

The tremendous volume of shoppers made it enjoyable for me, since I have a high level of expectations for service to a customer. By delivering the sort of service I know how to, I regularly amazed customers who were used to the incredibly lousy customer service experience in any Walmart store. As I said a hundred times over the course of my employment by Walmart...if it weren't for the customers, I'd quit!

Cons

-ZERO training.
    -TOO MUCH work with an ever shrinking workforce. Their attitude is just get the work that used to be completed by 4 full time employees done by one!
    - TOO MUCH favoritism! If ya don't wanna, or don't know how to brown nose the manager, then you ain't gonna move up! Period!!
    -INCREDIBLE DISRESPECT by the majority of the assistant managers! They disrespect one and other. They disrespect the hourly employees. AND WORST OF ALL they disrespect the customers. It's SOP to find the assistants in my store "holding up" the Jewelery counter at the front of the store while customers pile up on the front end registers for checkout.
    -NEXT TO ZERO effective communications and leadership. The entire management, in the store where I work, hasn't got the foggiest idea about how to engage and motivate the employees to have an interest in delivering good, not great just good customer service. For that matter, I don't think the company knows how to create any sense of urgency to provide good customer service. And I can tell ya, it ain't gonna happen with that measly quarterly bonus.

Please execute the widely advertised and oft spoken company core beliefs! Try to respect each and every individual customer and employee. Try to show true leadership in the delivery of good customer service. Try to actually aim higher and strive for the excellence that Sam Walton so desperately attempted to instill in every Walmart employee. And for a novel experience, try training the people for their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!