Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Awesome!

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Senior Director in Bentonville, AR

Pros

Unlimited Opportunity for any age, race, and gender.

Cons

Need to understand politics which makes sense due to the size.

Keep on Rollin!

Other reviews for Walmart

Worst place to work- nw subs of chicago

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

At thw walmart i worked at i don't really have anything poitive to say. Except many of my coworkers were pretty pleasant to work with... Coworkers not management.

Cons

Management. Absolutely worst. Do this do that... And what are they doing socializing and walking around thats about it. Theres a lot of favoritism. High expectations and very short staffed. And if we have an inkling that our district mgr r will be visiting they go crazy. Discipline in public and dont appraise when we go far above and beyond our duties. They dont train you in your position, its pretty much figure it out yourself. The gossip is insane. Even mgmnt gossips. Professionalism that no longer exists in the company. And a lot of horrible shifts like 3 to midnight all week. When i firat started everyone liked working there, bt through changes in mgmnt and the company, everyone always seems miserable. If you are in your 20s and a sales associate they dont take you seriously and you have no chance of advancing. And i have been promoted only because no one else would take the ridiculous hours.

Honestly surprise visit! Go in there at about 8 pm on a sunday or monday night hell any day that late. And let it be a surprise. Youll see how trashed our store really is, how under staffed we are, and how many complaints we gt from customers. Training not just the cbls are enough. We need hands on training show us! Help us to advance, associates that go above and beyond for the customer and the store should be taken into higher consideration for promotions rather than hiring externally. We have so much potential. Spend more time in the stores and youll see that management isnt up to par at all.

against all odds (and perhaps rumor to the contrary) WalMart Distribution Centers are great!

Former Employee - Replenishment Driver  in  Hurricane, UT
    Former Employee - Replenishment Driver in Hurricane, UT

Pros

Benefits are improving all the time ... the company now matches up to 8 percent of our 401k contributions

Cons

It's known as something of a rumor mill ... but maybe Utah is a little better in that regard than most other states?

More interaction with entry level associates might be tolerated by some of us ... if only to make us feel like we are valued employees

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!