Awesome!

Current Employee - Senior Director in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Senior Director in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Unlimited Opportunity for any age, race, and gender.

Cons

Need to understand politics which makes sense due to the size.

Advice to Management

Keep on Rollin!

reviews filtered by

Worst place to work- nw subs of chicago

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

At thw walmart i worked at i don't really have anything poitive to say. Except many of my coworkers were pretty pleasant to work with... Coworkers not management.

Cons

Management. Absolutely worst. Do this do that... And what are they doing socializing and walking around thats about it. Theres a lot of favoritism. High expectations and very short staffed. And if we have an inkling that our district mgr r will be visiting they go crazy. Discipline in public and dont appraise when we go far above and beyond our duties. They dont train you in your position, its pretty much figure it out yourself. The gossip is insane. Even mgmnt gossips. Professionalism that no longer exists in the company. And a lot of horrible shifts like 3 to midnight all week. When i firat started everyone liked working there, bt through changes in mgmnt and the company, everyone always seems miserable. If you are in your 20s and a sales associate they dont take you seriously and you have no chance of advancing. And i have been promoted only because no one else would take the ridiculous hours.

Advice to Management

Honestly surprise visit! Go in there at about 8 pm on a sunday or monday night hell any day that late. And let it be a surprise. Youll see how trashed our store really is, how under staffed we are, and how many complaints we gt from customers. Training not just the cbls are enough. We need hands on training show us! Help us to advance, associates that go above and beyond for the customer and the store should be taken into higher consideration for promotions rather than hiring externally. We have so much potential. Spend more time in the stores and youll see that management isnt up to par at all.

2. Horrible

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Fast paced
    A lot of hours

Cons

Little pay for requirements
    Lack of appreciation

Advice to Management

Learn how to show appreciation for your employees