There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

My experience has been OK, but it is always room for improvement within the organization

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

having the advantage of sharing in profits. I like to idea of having medical benefits as a part-time employee. It would be nice if the benefits extended beyond the medical. It should include an option for life insurance.

Cons

I don't like the idea of companies of this caliber having to fatten their bottom line on the backs of employees, without extending full benefits to part-time status employees. Having the benefits would help employees take better care of their families. Companies at this level want the best employees, however, the employees are let holding the bag when there is a pressing need for other benefits beyond health coverage.

Put action behind your words. Always do what you can to fix problems before they become bigger. You to do preventive maintenance. Do more listening to the customers' concerns and seek to improve services. It would be a good idea to allow the customer to write a gratitude letter with an employee's name on it; in this way, the employee would receive proper credit for helping the customer have an outstanding customer service experience. Customer's get away with too much at these stores. The employees does not have anyone their size when the customer has a complaint, whether or not it is legitimate.

8058 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

For a lark, sure..Wal-Mart

Former Employee - Produce Retail Associate (Part-time)
    Former Employee - Produce Retail Associate (Part-time)

I worked at Walmart

Pros

-Employee prices discounts (10%) and flexibility of scheduling
    -Employee prices discounts (10%) and flexibility of scheduling
    -Employee prices discounts (10%) and flexibility of scheduling

Cons

Support (Management) is lacking.."Open-door" policy is somehow forgotten..much goes without saying, and minimal communication between ranks of employees, etc..

I would consider eliminating conventional methods of affirmative action within the management cadre/ranks on a store-by-store basis. It's not good business to eliminate the competitive side of market forces in the employee selection process of personnel hiring/promotion decision making outright.

horrible always short staffed

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker

I worked at Walmart

Pros

hours and too much favoratism

Cons

shortstaffed managment sucksnever around when you have questions

learn to train properly

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!