There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart is a great place to work, but could be more competitive with flexible hours

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Scope of work and potential impact

Cons

Absolutely no flexible hours - very stringent 7:30-5:30

Consider providing more flexible hours (including working from home)

8478 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

The best of the best.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Great company ... they take care of the people who take care of the company. If you want the opportunity to grow and you exhibit the right kind of leadership you can go as far as your personal capacity will take you. The overall benefits package is incredible in my opinion. You are able to get medical insurance for your family for as little as fifteen dollars a month. As you grow you can make as much as your ability will allow. There are many entry level positions but you can get promoted quickly!

Cons

You "work" during all the holidays. It's becomes challenging at points during the holidays because that's when we do our business.

Keep up the great work!

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Billings, MT

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Great training! Great compensation and a fair ability to delegate your position in the store. There is a lot of trust in the store and everyone treats each other very fairly. There is a good culture here and the senior management does an excellent job at trusting assistants to do the job especially if the person goes about it differently then the store manager might have done it. Overall I like the environment I am in and have constant great things to say to my family and friends.

Cons

Sometimes unorganized but overall a great place to work and I may be responsible for some of that in-organization. Growing so quick can leave any organization feeling somewhat spaced out so it can be very hard to catch up to many growing changes.

Build up your team and give them the ability to manage themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart