Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart is a great place to work, but could be more competitive with flexible hours

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Scope of work and potential impact

Cons

Absolutely no flexible hours - very stringent 7:30-5:30

Consider providing more flexible hours (including working from home)

9498 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Think twice before you apply.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

They are always needing help. Walmart will be around for a long time, you have job security. They are usually a stopping place for many im their job search. Walmart helps pay the bills when you need a job. I always tell my associates that as long as you leave right (ie...Two weeks notice) you will always be welcomed back. Many associates I have lost to better paying jobs have come back to work for me when the other one didn't last.

Cons

The hours are the worst. We are told the our schedule is 48 hours but we end up working 60plus. The store managers only work around 40 hours. As an assistant you will be required to work on your day off if your areas are not up to the store managers standards. Our schedule is already a twelve hour shift (8-8)and ninety percent of the time we do not leave until after 10.

Nothing

The best of the best.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Great company ... they take care of the people who take care of the company. If you want the opportunity to grow and you exhibit the right kind of leadership you can go as far as your personal capacity will take you. The overall benefits package is incredible in my opinion. You are able to get medical insurance for your family for as little as fifteen dollars a month. As you grow you can make as much as your ability will allow. There are many entry level positions but you can get promoted quickly!

Cons

You "work" during all the holidays. It's becomes challenging at points during the holidays because that's when we do our business.

Keep up the great work!