Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart is a great place to work, but could be more competitive with flexible hours

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Scope of work and potential impact

Cons

Absolutely no flexible hours - very stringent 7:30-5:30

Consider providing more flexible hours (including working from home)

9072 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Think twice before you apply.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

They are always needing help. Walmart will be around for a long time, you have job security. They are usually a stopping place for many im their job search. Walmart helps pay the bills when you need a job. I always tell my associates that as long as you leave right (ie...Two weeks notice) you will always be welcomed back. Many associates I have lost to better paying jobs have come back to work for me when the other one didn't last.

Cons

The hours are the worst. We are told the our schedule is 48 hours but we end up working 60plus. The store managers only work around 40 hours. As an assistant you will be required to work on your day off if your areas are not up to the store managers standards. Our schedule is already a twelve hour shift (8-8)and ninety percent of the time we do not leave until after 10.

Nothing

Wal-Mart--it's a job if you don't have any other choice

Former Employee - Cashier in Farmville, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Farmville, VA

I worked at Walmart

Pros

The best reasons that I could come up with to work at a Wal-Mart store is that it's a paying job, offers an employee discount program, and can allow for some flexibility in scheduling if you have a family or go to school.

Cons

Incompetent store management and the corporate culture. For example, instead of just handing over money cashiers are trained to pretend to faint if they're being robbed at gun point. Speaking of money, if if you're a cashier and management allows someone to work from your drawer while you're on break, if the drawer comes up short you're still held responsible and could be fired if it's more than $5 I think.

Treat your employees better; the "faint if you're getting robbed" policy is just crazy. Promote more females and representatives from minority groups.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart