Walmart

Terrible

Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate in Hodgkins, IL
Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate in Hodgkins, IL

I worked at Walmart

Pros

Electronics Associates are the "highest paid hourly sales floor associates", highest paid being a dollar over minimum wage. The whopping TEN percent discount off of general merchandise* (which in Illinois barely covered taxes)!

Cons

No specific jobs duties, feels like the weight of the store is on your shoulders. You do the work of ten people, for just slightly above minimum wage. Lots of favoritism is shown in the management system.

Be genuine with your employees. Schedule according to customer traffic. If you're shift is short staffed then help pull the weight. Understand that one person can only do so much. Do not play favorites!

9072 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Management are the only ones that matter at Walmart, hourly employees are treated like low class citizens.

Current Employee - Cake Decorator in Rocky Mount, NC
    Current Employee - Cake Decorator in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

experience, meet alot of people, healt care-- if you can afford it, full time job, extra $1.00 per hour on Sunday, paid holidays, bonuses

Cons

management never listens and always blames, management never stand behind hour-lies -- only other mangers, hour-lies rarely get a bonus in order for management to get a larger one, health insurance is way too expensive for the average employeee -- it costs about 1/3 of my check and doent cover much, anytime a paid holidy comes around hours get cut

listen to the associates, they deal one on one with customers ALL DAY not just when they're paged.Make sure associates get a decent bonus -- if it wasn't for them you wouldn't get your typical huge bonus. recognize associates for jobs well done when thay do it, not just when they do something for you, but when they do something for a customer. its kind of hard to know whos doing a good job and what is really happening in your store when you spend 90% of your day in various offices

Good people, very poor company.

Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Good HMO, always hiring, not getting laid off.

Cons

In the 5 stores I've worked in all decisions are based on popularity. From who gets promoted to who gets demoted and everything in between. All disciplinary action is based on whether or not they like you. I myself should have been fired numerous times for absent and tardiness but am always overlooked because I am liked by management.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart