Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Good and Bad Like Anywhere Else

Current Employee - Director in Fayetteville, AR
Current Employee - Director in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

- In general I find executives to be very knowledgeable and approachable
- Lots of people have worked their way up from the stores
- Company culture is great if you like sipping the blue kool-aid

Cons

- Lots of internal polictics
- Nobody gets fired... EVER! Lots of dead weight laying around the management can't take care of

- Find a way to clean house, there are too many people showing up and doing nothing while people who want to actually get things done can't find the resources to actually do it

8999 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Love every minute of it !!!!!

Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Orange Park, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Walmart

Pros

Some of the reasons I would recommend Wal-Mart as an employer would be
    Job Security- Wal-Mart is the worlds largest company and it is not likely going to lose its place anytime soon. In addition because their is a Wal-Mart in so many places transfering generally isnot an issue, Also Wal-Mart is a company that truly values its employees it is extremely difficult to get terminated from this company. Its one of the few companies where an employee can walk off the job or get terminated( not for stealing) and still get their job back with few repercussions.

Values- this company still folllows many of the values that its founder Sam walton founded the company on. Sam Walton believed that Wal-Mart most valuable asset was not the money in the cash register, not the merchandise on the shelves, but the associates who work in their stores and at least in my store treated them as such.

Culture- I have never worked for a company were the associates cared so much about their store and company as a whole. When an associate stated that wal-mart had lost its place amongst companies in the world a department supervsior gave the associate a look like she had been insulted. The associates also cared alot about one another. This company was like my second family.

Cons

THe cons were that it was very diffcult to obtain a full time position, and that since I was working with lots of other females their was always drama. rumors were very rampant in my stores.

Another con might be promotions. It takes forever!!!!!!!!!!! to get promoted because those

Continue they great work

very labor intensive

Former Employee - Replenishment Driver in Hazleton, PA
    Former Employee - Replenishment Driver in Hazleton, PA

I worked at Walmart

Pros

Wal-Mart offered a lot of non work related benefits. 10% off at store as well as % off cell phone bill just to name a few.

Cons

working in a DC is not easy work. During busy seasons you may also be required to work longer then normal hours.

I believe that Wal-Mart management needs to refine their supervisor hiring processes.. I went through the process twice and was nothing but uncomfortable since you are being interviewed by 4 people at once. Also, it seemed as though they were more interested in hearing the answer they wanted as allowed to the correct answer.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart