Experience has been fantastic

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier  in  Opelousas, LA
Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Opelousas, LA

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hours that are able to be attained by asking.

Cons

Different schedules every week creates some unstability.

Keep up the good work.

Other Reviews for Walmart

A little less than satisfying

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Walmart does offer everything you could wish for in an employer. Except the pay could be better. Flexible scheduling for those who are in school, better benefits that offered by most employers. The ability to change jobs or even careers and still remain at Walmart. Walmart is a whole world inside of itself. It is much more than just retail.

Cons

Basically the old Walmart had everything you could have wished for and it was indeed back then a very good company for its employees. The new Walmart is a symbol of its former self that is quickly losing its substance. The company is no longer what is was under Sam Walton. The pay and benefits are being scaled back. New hires are not getting the same deal as those hired in years past. The scheduling is horrible. There is no consideration for a work-life balance. It is all about Walmart and what is best for the company. You have to schedule everything around an ever changing, revolving schedule. There is no regularity to it.

Regular schedules will increase morale. If management considered its employees more the general attitude of the company will improve.
    Pay increases. Walmart should give back to the employees who help it to be profitable. Compare our pay to comparable positions in other companies and we are grossly underpaid. Not even a market rate. We can do better.
    Full time employees should get their full time schedule. Hours should not be cut for any reason. That is what part time employees have already agreed too!! Thirty-five hours for a full time employee is unacceptable.

Fun, like a second home.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Lexington, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Lexington, NC

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice associates that are willing to work with you and help you.

Cons

Takes too much time to for CSM to answer action codes.

We should have a Karaoke stand inside to rise money for the children miracle network.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!