There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Experience has been fantastic

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Opelousas, LA
Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Opelousas, LA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great hours that are able to be attained by asking.

Cons

Different schedules every week creates some unstability.

Keep up the good work.

8536 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Wal-Mart one of the worse places in the world to work. A great place to shop at.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ankeny, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ankeny, IA

I worked at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not knowing were I would be working day to day hour to hour. It is a great place to shop at.

Cons

all the stupid rules and regulations for such a crappy low paying jobs that they just take advantage of you with and the fact they care about no one there everyone is just a number in the system.

pay people what they are worth

It use to be a great place to work now it's getting worse they will nickel and dime you out of your raises anymore.

Current Employee - Connection Center Associate in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Connection Center Associate in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There isn't one pro I can honestly say about working here.

Cons

Not the best place to work. I have been with this company for 4 years. It's gotten worse some one needs to set Wal-Mart straight.
    Starting wages sucks anymore for new people.
    The Supervisors promoted such as Department Mgr's are mostly ass kissers.
    They didn't excuse me for when... Summon to Court, Orders given from the National Guard, and Funeral's. It's almost impossible to get promoted to full time.
    In departments like Photo Lab their machines are suffering because of the strain on them being assigned to Toy department. Fuji reps are seeing the machines suffer quality of 1-Hour Photo has went way down to losing a lot of business. This makes it almost impossible to pass a inspection by them. The store I work I am a Wireless Associate full-time I never spend more than an hour in the wireless store on the front end. They always have us wireless associates in other departments like toys, photo, electronics, lawn & garden, and others. They have this new stupid program called the 2 o'clock zone. It's almost point less leaving departments like electronics open for theft. What can I say? I try to tell them.
    A few days ago a supervisor told me along with two others to grab a orange 14' ladder from the back and clime it to get bikes down from the ceiling that is very unsafe work practices. I told him no.

They expect you to be superman.

My evaluation is based on four departments to even get a raise

Toys (The Impossible Department)
    Electronics
    Photo
    Wireless

Go back to the old system with the raises on the 90 day evaluations, Actually have enough staffing on the team mats, Assign bigger departments like toys their own supervisors, be fair to your associates, and practice safer working habits.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart