Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

It's better than no job,& the ppl are nice.

Current Employee - Walmart Cashier in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Walmart Cashier in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If your a fast scanner & show up on all your scheduled days ,you automatically get max hours through their computer schedule.... Also cashier's get the most flexible hours in the whole store.

Cons

The customers & always making them feel like they are right ....even when they are insane . Also getting time to train in other fields as a cashier is difficult...because it takes up most of your time ,& moving up in management can take monthes longer to achieve just for this reason .

When you have a great cashier that actually wants to move up in management,actually try to help them attain that goal in a reasonable time frame, pushing back a willing associate for upper management will not only make them not want to anymore ,but also lose interest the job,because a person with high goals is not someone you want to lose, furthermore the associate will not want to be apart of a company that not only ignores their employees but doesn't give them any reason to stay if there is nowhere to go from there .

9019 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

great training

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Hutchinson, MN
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Hutchinson, MN

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

employee discount, helpful staff, able to switch schedules with another employee.

Cons

work over-time alot, not much time for training, no felons

Fairly decent job. Typical ups and downs of retail/food service.

Current Employee - Deli Sales Associate in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Deli Sales Associate in Cary, NC

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employee discount and some of the other discounts we can get are nice. My Assistant Manager and Department Manager are both good people to work for, and I generally like the other associates I work with.

Cons

More often than not, the "hard chargers" are stuck taking up the slack of the layabouts, but then again, that is typical of most retail that I've seen. Management seems "clique-ish" at times. It feels like we are being stretched a little thin sometimes.

A good friend and former employer once told me: "You can burn people or burn money. A good boss burns money." I take this to mean not to sacrifice your people for your profit margins.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart