Great!!! Only problem I have is the illnes/ absence policy! Otherwise.great company!

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker/Cashier  in  Roseville, CA
Former Employee - Overnight Stocker/Cashier in Roseville, CA

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Offer opportunities to work both part time or full time. Good benfits for part time. Willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

Medical notes or illness don't excuse absence. Don't offer full time for new hires.

You need to give all employess..new hires and easoned employees a chance for full time. You need to improve your attendance olicy to excuse absences if an employee is ill, it won't count against them.

Other Reviews for Walmart

Started great, went downhill

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-The pay was pretty good for a position that didn't require a college degree.
    -Flexible leave of absence policy for salaried managers. My father was dying and I took 3 weeks off work paid with no paperwork to fill out.
    -Equals worked well together and were mostly good people.
    -They were flexible with my school schedule at first.
    -Great opportunities for advancement if you proved yourself and self-promoted a bit.

Cons

-Pay for hourly associates is pretty abysmal. I had a hard time looking people in the face and telling them they would be making $7.65 and hour. Overtime is virtually non-existent.
    -Salaried managers effectively become the overtime denied to hourly associates. I get that it is retail, but constantly being told 12 hours beforehand that you would be working your off day is more than a little annoying.
    -Store managers have unrealistic expectations, but I really can't blame them, because market and regional managers have even more unrealistic expectations of what managers can do.

-Scorecards are a great way to measure certain metrics, but using them to judge a store's performance to the exclusion of basically everything else is ridiculous.
    -Work harder on maintaining good morale. At the store I worked, by the time I was left I had the third longest tenure at that store and I had only been there 2.5 years.
    -Salaried managers are not slaves. 4-5 14-hour workdays a week is a great way to lose experienced people. I totally understand that you can expect 50 hours a week at work, but people should not have to drop everything at a moments notice on a regular basis just because the store manager is unhappy.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  North Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in North Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent opportunities. Benefits. Great place to work

Cons

Have to deal with crazy customers

Promote me I deserve it

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!