There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart is great!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fayetteville, AR
Current Employee - Project Manager in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

If you want to learn and grow Walmart is the place to be. Nothing compares to the impact you can have as an associate. It is very much a family atmosphere and never ceases to amaze me how well everyone takes care of eachother.

Cons

It can be a very high stress environment because of the volume of work everyone is expected to handle. It is rewarding-but very challenging at times.

Walmart is very forward thinking in areas such as sustainability and how to serve every demographic of customer however we are not forward thinking in taking care of our associates. The world is changing and we are still caught in the past in some ways.

8400 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

It is a job it you need one, if you get a better offer take it.

Former Employee - Department Manager in La Crosse, WI
    Former Employee - Department Manager in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Walmart

Pros

The discount that is given, it is only ten percent, but every penny counts.

Cons

There are lots! Under-appreciated, low pay and if the management is not doing their job you get the brunt of it. The jobs are low paying and this means that many people just don't care if they are fired or quit. That means that as a manager or even a regular employee, you are going to get shafted when you are the only person in your department unloading a truck or taking inventory.

Realize the excellent and employee are there for your benefit, but not to be taken advantage of. This will only result in a high turn around with a loss of the best.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Current Employee - Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Great Co-workers. We get lunch breaks. I've worked in other pharmacies where this luxury was not offered. Shocked?! That is the reality of pharmacists.

Cons

The lack of respect and support from management. Im consistly feeling like I am being taken advantage of. Also I am considered hourly but yet management (salaried) but I dont get the benefits of either. Im stuck in this limbo.

Show some appreciation.