There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart is great!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fayetteville, AR
Current Employee - Project Manager in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

If you want to learn and grow Walmart is the place to be. Nothing compares to the impact you can have as an associate. It is very much a family atmosphere and never ceases to amaze me how well everyone takes care of eachother.

Cons

It can be a very high stress environment because of the volume of work everyone is expected to handle. It is rewarding-but very challenging at times.

Walmart is very forward thinking in areas such as sustainability and how to serve every demographic of customer however we are not forward thinking in taking care of our associates. The world is changing and we are still caught in the past in some ways.

8191 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Current Employee - Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Great Co-workers. We get lunch breaks. I've worked in other pharmacies where this luxury was not offered. Shocked?! That is the reality of pharmacists.

Cons

The lack of respect and support from management. Im consistly feeling like I am being taken advantage of. Also I am considered hourly but yet management (salaried) but I dont get the benefits of either. Im stuck in this limbo.

Show some appreciation.

Management deserves to be appreciated

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Due to the country's struggling economy it seems that it will maintain its consistency and be there for the customer and its associates. The company has great intentions with the decisions it makes for hourly associates.

Cons

Management is abused in the way that they do not receive alot of the same benefits that hourly associates do. Also it seems that promotions are based of personal feelings as opposed to abilities.

Take care of the Management in your stores they work hard and deserve paid sick and personal days as well as pay raises for the Co-Managers and Store Managers. Without Management your stores would not operate. Deal with the people who are exceptions instead of allowing them to bring the rest of the team down.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!