There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Average wage of associate in California is $8.40/hour not "$12.60"

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Department Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are affordable - $36/month for medical (1-adult & 2-kids).

Cons

All CHIEFS 5-Assistants, 5-Zone, 2-Shift & Store Manager take ur associates, no help so now ur stresses and overloaded, & then they try & coach you cuz u arent getting tasks completed.

Cutting hours only proves that you dont care about ur employees & servicing the customer (long lines, no customer assistance, messy store). Train ur managers & supervisors on how to properly communicate directives and to manage others with respect, fairness, and equality. Uphold our core values and principles & if a manager breaks any of them, dont discuss it, coach them! Bullying is not ok! Keep in mind, your salary but after 3-years of sweat, blood, and tears, I make only $10.50/hour and I am responsible for everything in 4-departments.

8092 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Walmart is a great company to work for and offers many opportunities for advancement.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norman, OK

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

The management team is well-trained and very professional. Also, the company is very focused on employee and customer safety, offering safety incentives to keep accident rates very low. It is obvious that the management team genuinely cares about the employees. There is also an abundant amount of opportunities for advancement, and you don't have to be employed for a tediously long amount of time before you are eligible for promotions. My personal employment experience with Walmart was exceptional and, if need be, I would definitely go back.

Cons

Depending on what department you get hired in, the hours can be very inconsistent. Also, as with most chain companies, you are not allowed to ask off for the holidays (though you do get holiday pay!) and they are open year-round so you might be working every holiday. Other than that, there really aren't any other cons.

Management has a lot to handle and they seem to handle it well for the most part. My only advice would be to try to alternate employees on holidays so that nobody gets stuck working every holiday. It would probably make some of the employees less bitter.

Over the years I have moved up with the company. The stores have become more driven by company programs.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Advancement with the company, with time and effort.
    Good pay and schedule once you hit salaried management.

Cons

The company programs are so overwhelming that you don't really get a chance to focus on more important things like training your associates or concerned with sales or profits in individual departments.

The stress level for salaried management is extremely high in most stores.

Have more team building meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!