My full job experience at walmart

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Duarte, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Duarte, CA

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

This was my first job ever. I had wonderful co workers to work with. Had a lot of fun while i worked here/

Cons

The management here was very unorganized.

Be more organized.

Other Reviews for Walmart

Good, for retail

Current Employee - Grocery Directs  in  Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Grocery Directs in Athens, GA

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, Excellent 401k matching, GED reimbursment, etc. Better pay than most retail stores, good chance to move up if you can get along with your bosses. Lot of opportunity.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough indians syndrome, our store manager micromanages too much, nitpicks over small problems while large ones get larger. Employees who don't work and carry their weight stay on while those who work hard are demoted, quit, etc.

Encourage personal responsibility and ingenuity in the lower ranks, it will boost morale. Hire a person to do a job and stand back and let them do it, only step in if they aren't getting the job done, but for the sake of other employees, remove them if they can't perform.

Walmart as a company has always strived to do right by associates, but that does not always apply to individual managers

Current Employee - Receiving Associate  in  Aberdeen, WA
    Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Aberdeen, WA

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive pay. Company emphasizes three basic beliefs, respect for the individual, service to the customer, and exceed expectations. The size of the operation provides many opportunities outside traditional retail positions.

Cons

Newer employees do not have access to all the benefits that older, grandfathered employees get. Merchandising and local control has fallen in recent years. Company lost its focus around 2005. Same sex spouses are not allowed insurance benefits, even in states where that is legal.

Regain focus, embrace all associates (particularly LGBT), Reread Made in America.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!