Its a job.

Current Employee - Unloader in Valdosta, GA
Current Employee - Unloader in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours posted are the hours you work. You rarely will ever get called in. You are expected to work no overtime even during the holidays. During the holidays you can ask for overtime. You see your manager often so everyone is on the same page as far as tasks that need to be taken care of throughout the shift. Walmart does not like to hire full time. If you are full time after a year you are capable of getting benefits from them. If you are not a full time associate you can still ask and work full time ours.

Cons

Walmart will always tell you that you can build a career with them. I think it is just to keep you working there. Management will try to convine you to stay late and put in more hours, but later in the week they will force you to leave early. In the end you only put in your origional 40 hours, this happens very often. I tried to turn in a set of my orders leading up to deploying. The manager would not accept them and I left work with no formal leave of absnece. All of my managers knew my situation. I also tried to turn a set into the personel office. The personel office does not open until after the night shift is over. Every manager knew I was given orders to train and deploy. Walmart still fired me for not coming into work. The personal office had all of my telephone numbers and my emails. It would have been an easy fix had my employer let me know there was an issue. My unit or jag I beleive would have been more than happy to get in touch with them and fix it had I known there was a problem. I hope to resolve it when I go home.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Walmart Pharmacy Intern

Current Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Current Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been working at Walmart as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible, less chaotic than other retail settings

Cons

No guarantee they will hire you as a pharmacist once you graduate

Pharmacy Cashier

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Pearland, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Pearland, TX

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Received many bonuses, but honestly their is really no benefits.... Employees are really under paid and only receive .40 cents raises once a year.

Cons

I honestly did not like working for the company I feel as though the company doesn't really care about the employers... In the pharmacy we closed on all holidays but outside of the pharmacy many employees worked every holiday except Christmas. I also felt as though the company would take "customer service" way to over board by letting the customers disrespect the employees. Walmart is really not a company I would recommend if you don't have thick skin and high tolerance.