There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart as a company has always strived to do right by associates, but that does not always apply to individual managers

Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Aberdeen, WA
Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Aberdeen, WA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive pay. Company emphasizes three basic beliefs, respect for the individual, service to the customer, and exceed expectations. The size of the operation provides many opportunities outside traditional retail positions.

Cons

Newer employees do not have access to all the benefits that older, grandfathered employees get. Merchandising and local control has fallen in recent years. Company lost its focus around 2005. Same sex spouses are not allowed insurance benefits, even in states where that is legal.

Regain focus, embrace all associates (particularly LGBT), Reread Made in America.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fun company

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They'll hire you with no experience.

Cons

The pay is what you would expect, so sadly no entitlement.

The Single Worst Job I Ever Had

Former Employee - Third Shift Stocker in Wallingford, CT
    Former Employee - Third Shift Stocker in Wallingford, CT

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Use to be a smoke room, which was great in winter when I use to smoke.

If management wasn't constantly harassing you, the job itself actually want that horrible.

Normally I had a set schedule(3rd shift)

Cons

Preferential treatment is out of control

If they want you gone, psychological abuse is not beneath their managers

Raises are a joke

Healthcare is a joke

The Overwhelming urge to meet "time limits" based on what a computer calculated a human should be able to do was ridiculous. The time limits often changed drastically and did not often make any sense in comparison to inventory to work.

You're often expected to do the work of 3 people, by yourself. This gets stressful.

Sexual Harassment

General harassment by managers. Being yelled at or threatened on the floor, in front of employees was normal at the Wal-Mart I worked at.

They often broke worker protection laws. I saw many people who got hurt working at Wal-Mart fired for pathetic reasons like one minute over 40 hours. So ya, don't work too hard at Wal-Mart because you're screwed if you do.

Relax. You're working at Wal-Mart. If the atmosphere is more positive, better employee moral, more work done. Do have any clue how many people work slower in spite of you, because of your mistreatment? Catch more bees with honey.... Let people work. Throw out the time limits. They're ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart