There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Zone Merchandise Supervisor - ZMS in Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Zone Merchandise Supervisor - ZMS in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am only 21 years old, and I got promoted twice already. I started as electronic associate, got promoted to frozen-dairy department manager within less than 6 months. Not even 6 months later I got promoted again to zone merchandise supervisor over consumables. I love the opportunities they give you. In my first year they even paid a fair amount of money for my college education. I am full-time so I get all the benefits (medical, paid vacation, etc). I love their discount center, a lot of discounts pretty much on everything ( hotels, plan tickets, 20-30% off your phone bill with main phone companies, up to $10.000 dollars off in American cars). I get along with every salaried manager never had any issues, mainly because I know what my job code is, and I have very good work ethics. Overall I enjoy and like working there. Not many companies out there would promote you twice in less than 2 years with the company. O and last but not least, as a zone manager you don't have a set schedule, you are on rotation (3 days 8-5, 2 days 11-8), however I talked to my store manager and explained to him that I need set days off for my classes, no issues at all, changed my availability once and that was all it took.

Cons

To me there is no downside. I am not sure how other stores are, but at the store I work there is really no downside.

8478 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Walmart stocker

Former Employee - Stocker in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Stocker in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Always open, good for students or part time workers.

Cons

They do not pay enough and management is not open to suggestions.

Upper management. Pay your workers!

Since Sam is gone it gets worse everyday

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There definately is plenty of room for advancement. The pay is in line with other similiar jobs. The other associates are like family.

Cons

Favoritism is unbelievably obvious. Don't plan on having any kind of family life unless your one of the favorites. Benefits are the worst I've ever had in 30 years of retail.

Read the quotes from Sam that are plastered all over the walls and remember where he came from.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart