Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Zone Merchandise Supervisor - ZMS in Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Zone Merchandise Supervisor - ZMS in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am only 21 years old, and I got promoted twice already. I started as electronic associate, got promoted to frozen-dairy department manager within less than 6 months. Not even 6 months later I got promoted again to zone merchandise supervisor over consumables. I love the opportunities they give you. In my first year they even paid a fair amount of money for my college education. I am full-time so I get all the benefits (medical, paid vacation, etc). I love their discount center, a lot of discounts pretty much on everything ( hotels, plan tickets, 20-30% off your phone bill with main phone companies, up to $10.000 dollars off in American cars). I get along with every salaried manager never had any issues, mainly because I know what my job code is, and I have very good work ethics. Overall I enjoy and like working there. Not many companies out there would promote you twice in less than 2 years with the company. O and last but not least, as a zone manager you don't have a set schedule, you are on rotation (3 days 8-5, 2 days 11-8), however I talked to my store manager and explained to him that I need set days off for my classes, no issues at all, changed my availability once and that was all it took.

Cons

To me there is no downside. I am not sure how other stores are, but at the store I work there is really no downside.

9068 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

AWESOME

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great training, team, hours, i love the company, stability

Cons

can be hard to transfer or move up

don't forget where you came from

Very good place to work but retail can wear you down

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Associate in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Associate in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonus, usually good people and management, Insurance and 10% discount

Cons

I don't see any Career advancement unless you are into Retail management positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart