Pretty good employer, for the most part

Former Employee - Tire and Lube Express Support Supervisor  in  Red Wing, MN
Former Employee - Tire and Lube Express Support Supervisor in Red Wing, MN

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

health insurance isn't bad for a single person, stock options, 401k

Cons

a lot of politics when you move up in the ranks

Other Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you can play their game. Decent benefits, okay salary with bonus available. Store managers can make HUGE $$. They listen to their workers, it just takes a long tine to make the changes happen.

Cons

Less and less associate friendly since Sam and his wife died. 48 required hours, averaged 55 when I worked there. They have changed the system. Always short staffed, your new hires were turned into cashiers instead of your departments.

Look at peoples strengths and place them into an area where they can show you what they can do, before putting them into an area they need to grow. Let them know you are putting them there to see if they are right for promotion. That gets people excited and will work harder for you. People do not understand why you move them into an area they are not proficient. Associates came crying to me all the time asking why their managers were punishing them! Work on making it a happy environment.

Not a bad place of work.

Former Employee - Produce  in  Delavan, WI
    Former Employee - Produce in Delavan, WI

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment. Good part-time job. Friendly co-workers. Availability to move up the ladder. Many different types of jobs available. They offer jobs to seniors and others with limitations on work. The stores usually have everything you need on site including a bank,subway, medical clinic, ect. Allot of breaks offered.

Cons

Very low pay. Not many hours available. Allot of rumors going around of about how management were not fair to staff. Your forced to do The wall-mart cheer. Your forced to go on a hour unpaid break.

You were all pretty fair to me so keep doing what you are doing. I hope that these rumors I've herd are not true.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!