There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

It's A Way To Earn A Living

Current Employee - Deli Sales Associate  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Deli Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Full-Time Employment.
- Fast Pace
- Friendly Staff (Associates and some Management)

Cons

- Long Hours at Low Hourly Wage
- If you attend College and Work here, in my department, you will be extremely tired.

The greatest weakness I found, while working for Walmart, is that the management team, at my location doesn't ask how they can help the associates better improve productivity. I think that management should do this.

7999 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Always busy, customers rude.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Salem, MO
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Salem, MO

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level way to get to a better job. Tasks challenging, always opportunity to make someone feel better. Easy to transfer/move up internally.

Cons

Rude customers, extremely low pay, very poor benefits. People go to a doctor and don't complain if he's running late, but expect their pharmacy to be super fast.

The good, the bad, the vendetta driven management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I honestly still love Wal-Mart as a corporation. The bonus sharing is good for many associates given you have a cooperative store family and management. Depending on the store you get into, wages can start high or low. I had transferred to and from several stores over my career, so national, and even international, mobility is a plus. Many things can be open doored, challenged, with the next higher member of management.

Cons

Management has a habit to coach those that they wish, even if their favorites commit the same acts. If you have clumsy and careless co-workers, your myshare bonus will go out the door, also done when high numbers of customer accidents. Store Managers can refuse to sign off on transfers, making you wait indefinitely. Work hours of the CSM position, according to the last store I worked in, are limited to open availability. Forget keeping school time or family time.

Do not seek out personal vendettas. Ensure even application of policies. Do not coach, or terminate, associates wrongfully or under false pretense.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!