Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Pretty Good Store To Work At

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meet some interesting people and some interesting things.

Cons

Work with wierd people and things.

Just keep swimming.

9986 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Part-Timers Bear Most Of the Brunt

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ashland, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ashland, KY

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I met some nice people. A lot of my coworkers were great. You get an employee discount.

Cons

Management is rude to employees. They will tell you to do something a certain way and if a customer wants it differently, the managers act like it is the employees' fault for not doing it in the first place.

Customers are terrible. They come in and lie about service so they will get free gift cards.

Hours are never what you expect. They had the part time workers working 40 or more hours and would only let full time workers have 32 hours. To me, if you expect that you will be working 28 hours or less, that is what they should give you. A lot of times, you are scheduled to work 3pm to Close. 'Close' is whenever the store manager thinks merchandise is straightened enough. You never know when you are leaving. I've worked from 2pm to 4am more than once.

They don't take safety seriously. If someone from OSHA is coming or arrives, they quickly want you to change anything that is a safety violation. They could care less any other time.

Worst of all, they try to get rid of people who have worked there awhile. I've known of more than one employee who was fired right before they were set to retire and withdraw their Profit Sharing.

Remember that your employees are people. They shouldn't be treated badly just to save money.

Walmart was once nice to work

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Summerville, SC
    Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Summerville, SC

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The associates and the customers are what makings walmart an wonderful experience.

Cons

Management not communicating with each other. The management communicate to with it associates. Not pay in employee a working wage. Overworking it employee.

Pay a working wage. Send every management to sensitivity training on how talk to people.Walmart does value it quality worker.They are the one that made Walmart what is today. Sam took care of his associates that was no need for union because knew talk, treat and to people. I know he upset his company is being ran now.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart